BESt OIL FOR 2005 SAAB 95

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an oil change done at the dealer and Asked for FULL SYNTHETIC 5-40. What they put in was Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5W-40. I know that it is FULL SYNTHETIC or so they say, but is it OK to run in a 2005 SAAB 95 with 70,000 miles. It is a Diesel Oil.. I have always run Mobile 1 0-40 and had it changed every 3-5 thousand. never over 5. What i am asking Is that Oil OK and or will it harm the engine or turbo. If it is OK or maybe benefits the engine then I will stick with them for oil changes....

The car is a 2005 SAAB 95
70,000 miles
I live in Maryland
Most trips are semi short to long
I don't drive it hard just fast
The manual states Mobile 1 0-40.
No engine problems, not burning any oil.

Thanks for all your help.
Mike

Last edited:
The engine should be just fine on that oil. I mostly use Mobil 1 5W-40 "turbo diesel truck" in my 2003 9-5 Aero with good results. I also live in MD and have 125k miles on the car.

I run 5-6k oil change intervals, you can find some old UOAs of mine here on the site.

jeff

Hello MD people!

Your OCI is really, really short for a synthetic so I wouldn't worry. Also, wasn't that UOA on a Ford F250 in Texas during the Summer? He probably could have used an oil cooler anyway

I'd use the Mobil 1 0w-40 if I were you. It's specified in your manual and it's really good stuff. I'd also go longer than 5,000 miles between changes.
wink.gif

However, if your concern is whether the diesel oil will damage your engine, the answer is probably not. Just run it for a few thousand miles and switch back.

I use Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40 in my 2004 9-5 Aero and I change it every 6000 miles. The car seems to like it, because the engine runs smooth regardless the oil temperature. I used to use Lubrax 5w-40 (from Petrobras), but the engine sounded like a diesel when the oil was cold.
Even so I agree with "d00df00d" and I would use 0w-40. I don't use it only because it isn't available in Chile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back