MY first smartphone

Ahhhhh, now THAT makes a little more sense
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
MY first smartphone

grin.gif

But in reality it seems that many of the 'smart phones' are not particularly good phones. My Droid as an example. Great device not too good as a phone. Overly complicated and heavy.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
MY first smartphone

grin.gif

But in reality it seems that many of the 'smart phones' are not particularly good phones. My Droid as an example. Great device not too good as a phone. Overly complicated and heavy.

Well, I don't make phone calls often, but when I do it works perfectly fine. It's pretty much a handheld computer for me. When I'm studying and need to look something up, I just use my phone, which is easier than bringing my heavy laptop with a shot garey around.

As with all technology, you get the most out of a smartphone if you learn how to use it to its full capabilities.

Last edited:
I LOVED my Nokia 6126. It was the most efficient and easy to use cell phone I've ever had. I shouldn't have gotten rid of it when the battery died. The replacement Nokia flip phone wasn't as easy to use, and die easily if you drop it. Then the Samsung slider was even worse as you can hardly slide it out in one hand.

My only complaint about the Samsung Captivate is that the GPS doesn't work well. Seldom can it figure out where I am, while my wife's iphone 3g has no issues in that department.

My Samsung a737 seems to be pretty durable. Ive had it for a couple years. Been dropped a ton. I have a habit of pulling it out and pushing off the battery cover with my thumb then dropping it so the battery falls out if Im getting a call at an inconvenient time. Which is most of the time.
samsungA737-duo.jpg

My only problem is the battery gauge is uneven. It will idle at 3 bars for days. 2 bars means about a day and one bar means put it on a charger NAOW.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
My Samsung a737 seems to be pretty durable. Ive had it for a couple years. Been dropped a ton. I have a habit of pulling it out and pushing off the battery cover with my thumb then dropping it so the battery falls out if Im getting a call at an inconvenient time. Which is most of the time.
samsungA737-duo.jpg

My only problem is the battery gauge is uneven. It will idle at 3 bars for days. 2 bars means about a day and one bar means put it on a charger NAOW.

I have this exact same/color phone and it has served me well for the past three years. My wife also has one only hers is lime green. Great little phone. To bad they still don't make them.

I like our Blackberry Pearls (8130) ok...i probably can call it the best owned - it's our 1st smart phone, and we like the still "normal" size of it...

but it's obsolete now and I keep worrying about future SW support, etc...(got it from Alltel before the merge with Verizon - now being served by Verizon). We live in an area where only old "brick" Nokias have worked and the BB Pearl does a decent but not stellar job of maintaining service...another reason i hesitate to upgrade: who knows if new(er) phones like Droids and Iphones would pull in signal so well like the BB now does?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back