Best brand of car cleaning supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there really isnt a "best brand." Every brand has products which can work better (or the same for less money) then others. It really depends on what you are looking for.

Best scratch/swirl removers (and basically all abrasives) - Meguiar's

Best waxes/sealants - Duragloss, Zaino, Collinite, and Klasse all have products in this category that are superior to the other brands.

Best quick detailer - Original Bike Spirits

Best chrome polish - Turtle Wax

Best car wash solution - Turtle Wax Zip Wax

Best tire dressing - Stoner's More Shine, Less Time

Best windshield rain treatment - Rain-X original

Best thing to clean the inside of the windshield - Nothing I've found yet works for that...

IF you check around with some auto shops or other detail shops, you can probably get hooked up with a Blue Coral truck or whoever in your area does that. My buddy has a detail shop and makes pretty good money at it, mostly because he has a car lot he does recon on cars for. He has the Blue Coral truck come by every couple weeks and they take care of him and he buys bulk. I am just guessing here, but getting account with a large company like that and buying bulk wholesale is probably 5-10 times cheaper than buying Meguiars.

The Blue Coral guys are always mixing up some special sealants and polishes and waxes for him to try and when they find one people love they will make a ton of it. I have little pint sie samples of his medium compound and his polish with a minute amount of cut in it and they are both incredible. better than any Meguiars products I have tried.

Good luck with your business and you need to get some car lots if you want to stay in business. You also need to be good. This friend of mine is excellent with a machine and wet-sanding and can make a black car with neglected paint look better than showroom new. Maybe you can too.

Originally Posted By: grampi

Best thing to clean the inside of the windshield - Nothing I've found yet works for that...

Glass cleaner, then plain water. GM requires that plain water be used to clean interior glass during new car PDI.

"Interior glass should be cleaned with plain, clean water to
eliminate any film or haze on the window and to help prevent
fogging, a major customer dissatisfier. Refer to Corporate
Bulletin Number 03-00-89-006D for more information. The
New Vehicle Pre-Delivery Inspection form also recommends
using plain water to clean interior glass"

http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/gmfle...eld%20Blade.pdf

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Glass cleaner, then plain water. GM requires that plain water be used to clean interior glass during new car PDI.

"Interior glass should be cleaned with plain, clean water to
eliminate any film or haze on the window and to help prevent
fogging, a major customer dissatisfier. Refer to Corporate
Bulletin Number 03-00-89-006D for more information. The
New Vehicle Pre-Delivery Inspection form also recommends
using plain water to clean interior glass"

No glass cleaner I've ever used (and believe me, I've tried A LOT of them), have ever left the inside of the windshield streak-free...I've even tried other non-traditional methods and they don't work either...I'm convinced that the gas given off by the dash baking in the sun is impervious to any glass cleaners once it gets on the windshield...

"Best thing to clean the inside of the windshield - Nothing I've found yet works for that..."

I'm assuming the gentlemen used STONER INVISIBLE GLASS. I also heard good things about SPRAYWAY glass cleaner which may be found at Home Depot in their home cleaning section. I haven't tried it yet.

Also another vote for DURAGLOSS. Why buy from AG when you may buy direct from DG.

Last edited:
Hands Down Adams Car care! I detail cars on the side and they have amazing products, and excellent customer service. The owner (Adam) took me around the warehouse and gave me a killer deal on supplies, and no I don't work for him.

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
Hey all, I am also thinking about starting a mobile detaling business like another member on this thread. Not full time but just for some extra $$$. What brand of supplies should I use? Meguiar's, Turtle Wax, Armour All, etc. I am looking around and see that these jobs take up to 3 hours to do and can be up to $200. Is this a fair price to charge for a full wash, wax, interior, headlights, etc? Thanks!

For a business you're going to be looking for quick products that hide the lack of work. For instance, you want product that "hides swirls" instead of "swirl remover" type products because you don't want to spend the extra time doing paint prep. Meguiar's will get it done if you're willing to spend hours on every car. If you're running a business then you want to be able to move along quickly and I would consider more expensive, specialized products. If I was starting a business I would consider some products that would make my life easier, faster, even if they cost more. As others have said - look at Autogeek.net.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97prizm

Hands Down Adams Car care! I detail cars on the side and they have amazing products, and excellent customer service. The owner (Adam) took me around the warehouse and gave me a killer deal on supplies, and no I don't work for him.

I like their Butter Wax.
thumbsup2.gif

I think you should live on a detailing forum for a few hours or even a few days.

Someone will probably flame me for saying this, but it doesn't sound like you know what you're doing. If I were paying someone $200 to clean my car, I would hope I don't see consumer grade Meg's, Turtle Wax, or Armor All touch my car, and I would expect the person to be knowledgeable about the products. This forum is honestly the wrong place to learn about detailing. There's maybe a handful of people's advice I would take on here.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
I think you should live on a detailing forum for a few hours or even a few days.

Someone will probably flame me for saying this, but it doesn't sound like you know what you're doing. If I were paying someone $200 to clean my car, I would hope I don't see consumer grade Meg's, Turtle Wax, or Armor All touch my car, and I would expect the person to be knowledgeable about the products. This forum is honestly the wrong place to learn about detailing. There's maybe a handful of people's advice I would take on here.

I stated Meguiars also. When I detailed on the side I used Meguiars Professional Series products.
http://www.meguiars.com/content/global/catalog/Meguiars2012ProCatalog.pdf

See, it is like this. If you come here and ask about pointers on how to do brain surgery on yourself, we will be all glad to help you out.

But if you come here to ask about staring your own mobile operating theater where you do brain surgery on others for profit, you need to find more appropriate place to ask where to buy scalpels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back