BEST AUTO GLASS cleaner??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like ultima waterless wash concentrate mixed in a spray bottle, spray and wash/wipe and then buff dry with a clean dry microfiber.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Bon Ami hands down is the best outside auto glass cleaner I've ever seen/used.

http://www.bonami.com/index.php/products/powder_cleanser/

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-care-discussion/1902841-bon-ami-for-cleaning-glass.html

I did this last year on my 18 year old car just before our vacation. Worked like a charm, got rid of the haze that none of the glass cleaners were able to clean off and no more star burst patterns with night driving And the wipers are streak free now.

Whimsey

Seeing a dozen cans of Sprayway @ Amazon for a decent price.
I might give it a try when my Stoners Invisible Glass stash gets down.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Best glass cleaner I've ever used, hands down.

Sprayway is a great glass cleaner. It may not be as economical as Meg's concentrate but works fell.

Last edited:
I use Optimum No Rinse. Just dab a little on a microfiber towel out of the same bucket I use the clean the exterior of the car, wipe down the interior of the windows, then quickly wipe dry with another towel.

Completely removes all grime and nastiness in one pass with on scrubbing.

Originally Posted By: MKZman
Originally Posted By: gofast182
Best glass cleaner I've ever used, hands down.

Sprayway is a great glass cleaner. It may not be as economical as Meg's concentrate but works fell.

I thought Sprayway was a Costco joke. We have a three pack. So out to the car with a big stack of microfiber towels. Spray one half liberally, wipe down with multiple towels. Repeat this 3 times and finally the WS is fairly clean.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
I just use the Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner because its available at one of my regular stops at a good price and safe for tint.
There's another (think its called Sparkle) that seems popular but I haven't tried it yet.

add - I use the spray cans, not the pump bottle.

Me too. I just get a microfiber towel and start rubbing. It shows streaks while you rub, but if you give it a bit of elbow grease, it dries clear. Not effortless, but fairly cheap and very effective. I don't know why it took me so long to try this. I use the spray bottle. I think its the rain-repellant one. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I'm a little surprised that so many are so jazzed about Sprayway. I replaced Sprayway with the Stoners. Maybe a different kind of dirt in my area.

Last edited:
As noted above. Sprayway works. Just have to keep at it. I'll probably hit it three more times tomorrow but it was way better driving it tonight. It's NEVER been this clean.

First time don't be shy, glop it on and start buffing with a medium uf. Flip the towel a lot. Repeat. The third or forth time use a real soft plush towel and finally the glass won't be so grippy.

For regular cleaning I use your regular generic glass cleaner. The ammonia stuff works good for dissolving that smeary film you get that's so hard to remove. But you never seem to get all of it using just Windex or an equivalent.

My favorite for super cleaning glass is plain and simple denatured alcohol. I put it in a little pump spritzer because a little goes a long way. One light spray and then buff it clean with a clean microfiber that I only use for glass. Then after that you can follow with a final buff with a flat weave microfiber. This will pick up any remaining smears and remove any micro-lint the previous steps leave behind. Those flat weaves really can remove everything. They do not glide over the glass at all and drag with a lot of friction on clean glass that way you know you're getting absolutely everything,

http://www.amazon.com/Zwipes-751-Microfi...lass+microfiber

But for tinted windows I find simply distilled water works just fine. You want to use as gentle a method possible for tinted windows so as not to scratch them or possibly dissolve the glue near the edges which can cause them over time to peel up.

Last edited:
My three favorite auto glass cleaners:

1) Sprayway
2) Sprayway
3) Well, I think you've figured it out.

Honestly, I have tried a lot of automotive glass cleaners over the years. I've used Invisible Glass. It's good, but required way too many repeated cleanings to get where I wanted the windows to look like. Paplo mentions that he has to do this with Sprayway. Invisible Glass is 3X worse.

I've used RainX. does a great job at refreshing the RainX treatment, but not great at cleaning. Same problem as Invisible Glass. Eagle is nothing special at all. Pretty average. Vinegar and newspapers? Vinegar is a good cleaner, but it sure stinks. But newspapers? I have never gotten that one. Why would anyone want to spend all afternoon cleaning and waxing a car, and then smear newspaper print ink all over the windows, and get ink all over your hands and clothes?

Sprayway for me. Clean the windows using Sprayway and paper towels. Then, a final cleaning with Sprayway and a microfiber towel, to leave a streak free window.

Sprayway is available at all kinds of stores such as Walmart, Kmart, Target, TrueValue, Kroger.

I've been told that NAPA glass cleaner is made by Sprayway, but I've never tried it.

I use some Optimum No Rinse in QD dilution to wipe off any heavy dirt, dry off, then Stoner's Invisible Glass...
Has worked ok for me so far...

Pablo,

I've used several of the above.....

The best I have found is from Surf City Garage.
thumbsup2.gif

Here: http://www.surfcitygarage.com/shop/beyond-glass-glass-surface-cleaner

Originally Posted By: jimbrewer
Originally Posted By: Errtt
I just use the Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner because its available at one of my regular stops at a good price and safe for tint.
There's another (think its called Sparkle) that seems popular but I haven't tried it yet.

add - I use the spray cans, not the pump bottle.

Me too. I just get a microfiber towel and start rubbing. It shows streaks while you rub, but if you give it a bit of elbow grease, it dries clear. Not effortless, but fairly cheap and very effective. I don't know why it took me so long to try this. I use the spray bottle. I think its the rain-repellant one. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I'm a little surprised that so many are so jazzed about Sprayway. I replaced Sprayway with the Stoners. Maybe a different kind of dirt in my area.

Agree-- Sprayway was recommended to me for my shower door. It is not very strong.

I tried claybar on glass too with underwhelming results. My favorite glass cleaner, now that glaswax is out of business is glass cleaner made by Auto-glym.

I did the claybar on the windshield earlier today. I can't tell it's any better. I guess the glass is still good (vehicle is 2010) and my keeping the glass clean all the time is keeping it clean.

90% isopropyl alcohol. I use it to clean off over spray of various protectants I use on my convertible top and trim.

Windex doesn't even put a dent in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back