Best 9005/9006 combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I've found that Silverstars don't last long at all, probably around 6 months. I like the color of light they put out though. I've been through 3-4 sets and finally ditched them because they didn't last. The same thing has been reported by many others so I know it's nothing I'm doing wrong.

I put in Sylvania XtraVision bulbs and I've had them in for at least a year. I've had no problems with them. I'll go GE Nighthawks next time just for comparison.

I fell for the Silverstar game myself. As well as the blue headlights deal.
pat2.gif
Now in my '00 cavalier are 9007 Xtravisions and want to get those or Nighthawks for my wife's Impala.

I go out and either buy two sets of 9005 GE Nighthawk or two sets of 9005 Sylvania XtraVisions and retro fit the 9005 socket to fit the 9006 socket in the low beams.

Quote:

I go out and either buy two sets of 9005 GE Nighthawk or two sets of 9005 Sylvania XtraVisions and retro fit the 9005 socket to fit the 9006 socket in the low beams.

Don't take this the wrong way, but wouldn't it be easier to just get the 9005 and 9006? I helped repair my headlight relays and I'd rather just not mess with all that wiring.
confused.gif
dunno.gif

I've had SilverStars in an SVT Contour since the day they came out, I think going on 4 years now. Never a burnt bulb. My friend with an Accord was going through them constantly. Sounds like they need very clean power since they're pushing the limits of filament technology.

Quote:

Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but wouldn't it be easier to just get the 9005 and 9006? I helped repair my headlight relays and I'd rather just not mess with all that wiring.
confused.gif
dunno.gif

you retrofit the socket on the bulb itself, not on the actual headlight housing. You also don't need to mess with the wiring.

the difference in the output is 10w which can make a difference in light but should not cause any problems with wires overheating.

I've had SilverStars on my wife's 2001 Trooper since 2002 and the bulbs have been perfect, very bright and haven't burned out yet - after 4.5 years and 40,000 miles.

I'm perplexed, maybe a bit skeptical, when I read so many people complaining that their SilverStars burn out prematurely.

I've also had Silverstars in my car, and they've worked fine for the past 25k miles(3 years)...

9006 low beams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back