Bendix CT3 brake pads - made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
FF will stop the car okay and for normal driving they are are fine. Lot of sizzle on the box though.LOL

Years ago i bought brakes pads for a Diablo, they were big money even back then.
They came in a plain yellow box with not even a plastic bag. LOL

Is there a pad rating difference on the China ones? How would one tell if they are getting a US or China pad set before ordering? Luck? I plan on ordering a set of of the Bendix D731 for the front of the CVLX when I do the brakes on it next spring.

I'm not sure about a pad rating difference. My new China pads were marked FF. I am not sure how that compares with the old CT3 pads. I think the factory pads for my Tundra were FF, so it could be that Bendix matches the CT3 pads to the factory rating, regardless of where the pads are manufactured.

You could call Bendix customer service and ask them about the particular part number you want to order. Maybe not all production has moved overseas.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Is there a pad rating difference on the China ones? How would one tell if they are getting a US or China pad set before ordering? Luck? I plan on ordering a set of of the Bendix D731 for the front of the CVLX when I do the brakes on it next spring.

Originally Posted By: Trav
FF will stop the car okay and for normal driving they are are fine. Lot of sizzle on the box though.LOL

Years ago i bought brakes pads for a Diablo, they were big money even back then.

You think they havessome false claims on the box?

I got them for free with a gift card I can't complain I guess.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I see Centric pads are now China sourced.

Thailand too - I had Centrics on for a little bit but I wasn't happy with them. I swapped the ones on my car with ThermoQuiets, no judder and the growl is almost gone - I don't drive much and the Centrics will judder when wet or at highway speed. Not so with the TQs.

Originally Posted By: drtyler
I'm not sure about a pad rating difference. My new China pads were marked FF. I am not sure how that compares with the old CT3 pads. I think the factory pads for my Tundra were FF, so it could be that Bendix matches the CT3 pads to the factory rating, regardless of where the pads are manufactured.

You could call Bendix customer service and ask them about the particular part number you want to order. Maybe not all production has moved overseas.

I put CT3 pads on my mother's '09 Fusion and they were GG.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

You think they havessome false claims on the box?

I got them for free with a gift card I can't complain I guess.

No i meant a lot of pictures as to what makes them so good and so on when its just another FF pad inside.

Wouldn't the LX take a 931 up front?
Look at ebay, thats where the NOS will be if there is any. Contact the sellers and ask COO and pad rating. It will a D931CT

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40...CT&_sacat=0

Look at ebay, thats where the NOS will be if there is any. Contact the sellers and ask COO and pad rating. It will a D931CT

Not after I put a Corvette caliper on the front.
Ill have to do that then; soon.

Another brake upgrader. LOL What they used on the GP was terrible, small rotors and Venture van front calipers. The thing screamed for an upgrade.

Looks like my Wearever Platinum's are made in India and FF, but the markings are only on the back plate, not on the pads or metal like i have seen others.

If you google the code db9387ff you'll be able to find the manufacturer.

There's a group called AMECA that compiles these codes and lists the manufactures. You can find the lists by googling the edge codes. You can find the edge code guide here:
http://www.ameca.org/publications-compliance-list/

DB 9387 FF is Roulunds Braking A/S

Here's a website for that manufacturer:
http://roulunds-braking.eu/

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Looks like my Wearever Platinum's are made in India and FF, but the markings are only on the back plate, not on the pads or metal like i have seen others.

If you google the code db9387ff you'll be able to find the manufacturer.

There's a group called AMECA that compiles these codes and lists the manufactures. You can find the lists by googling the edge codes. You can find the edge code guide here:
http://www.ameca.org/publications-compliance-list/

DB 9387 FF is Roulunds Braking A/S

Here's a website for that manufacturer:
http://roulunds-braking.eu/

Thanks for the information. I suppose they are decent pads for being FF.

Another brake upgrader. LOL What they used on the GP was terrible, small rotors and Venture van front calipers. The thing screamed for an upgrade.

Yup. Somebody figured out a bracket and has been milling them out to put C5 Corvette calipers with GT500 rotors on 03+ Panthers.

Good stuff!
thumbsup2.gif

Trav,

Thanks for mentioning Ebay for NOS pad sets. I found a set of CT3 pads advertised on there as USA. Emailed the seller and he confirmed they were NOS and made in USA. I bought that set and will be returning the new Chinese CT3 pads.

Thanks again,
DT

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: drtyler
Good to know. Which variety of Akebono pad have you used?

I've used the ProACT Ceramics on a number of different vehicles now, including the two in my signature, and I've been quite pleased with them. The sets that I've purchased have been made in either the USA or Canada to my recollection.

Good find! I scour there once in a while looking for NOS parts and sometimes come up with some real treasure for cheap.
Lots of online retailers peddling cheap Chinese junk but once in while you get a private seller or a big company like FleetPride, or a dealer cleaning out inventory.

2002 Camero 5.7 calipers and brackets, 2002 Chevy impala 3.8 rotors and 2" longer front SS braided lines with the extra 5th line from ZZ performance.
The master cylinder is the same so no issues there, the only other thing you have to do is drill and tap the caliper bracket mounting holes for 14x2 threads.
You can then use the original bolts.

There is another way by using 14 -12 mm bushings and F body bolts. GM put 14mm bolts up there for a reason so thats what went back in on my car.
The bracket is identical, it has the same amount of meat on it once its drilled out. I used cryo rotors but realistically you can do this upgrade for about $350 inc the lines.

^^^OK, so they are just my car's front PBR calipers.

I am trying to find better calipers/rotors which will fit under my stock 16" f body wheels, and so far it looks like I will have to go with some pricey Wilwood aftermarket deals.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back