before and after ARX oil analysis 95 rodeo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

The column on the right was the sample taken awhile back- before doing 2 full ARX cycles (clean, rinse, clean, rinse)...

Teryy and I discussed the high copper and lead in the original sample- and he is pretty sure it was the result of "Engine Restore" addative- which I had used around 160-170K.. it quieted down the hydrolic adjuster ticking- but after discovering this palce I stopped using it.... ARX has quieted down the ticking pretty good (still ticks, but very mildly)...

The ARX definetally helped wash away some of the remains of those old addatives... I'm waiting on Terry's analysis of the most recent sample... I think the increase iron wear is probably just from putting more miles on the oil..

I should point out- that on the previous sample- a Motorcraft filter was used, on this one, a Purolator Pure One was used... I think they are basically the same filter- so not much difference there.. [edit in] both samples are with GC 0w30 (green)

just thought yall might wanna have a peek...

btw this is a 1995 isuzu rodeo with the 3.2L V6... 190,000+ miles, burns oil but runs strong.

oh yea... forgot to mention... TBN came back 4.9.. all other testing came back good (vi, flassh point, no coolant, no water, low fuel, low insols).. previous test before ARX with less miles came back with TBN:5.4..

I think maybe I'll run the next batch out to 7500.... I'll wait on Terry's advice there... thinking still about buying LC20 and using it in this engine...

Glad to know another Rodeo user, I am doing right now a rinse phase on 2nd treatment of auto-rx and all is going well. Right now I added CASTROL GTX 5w-30 and 8oz of SVOT and I hope it cleans this baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back