BEEZER fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first bike was a Bantam Major - 150cc swing arm...D3 I think.There is a Bantam ridden every day in this town...with C10 forks and a Suzuki front wheel.Just more of that Kiwi making it work with what I got in the shed mentality.

Hi,
bonnie_john & silk - Born in Dunedin 1939. My eldest Son is a Doctor there now - at the Dunedin Public Hospital 70 odd years later!!!

I know Donaghy's Rope Works' buildings - I went to Macandrew Intermediate and played "footie" on the grounds alongside. Then I did my initial Engineering Studies at King Edward Technical College

NZ's Technical Training programmes - especially the Apprenticeships - were the best in the World for many decades. We produced World Champs in cars and on Bikes and many of the F1 Teams had NZ mechanics as their mainstays!

Hi Guys,

I'm running a 1971 Thunderbolt and a 1969 Firebird Scrambler. Let see if I can get the pics up.

The Thunderbolt here was loaded for a 1000 mile saddle sore run last December. Sandwiched between the pannier bags is a three gallon aux tank.

20091107LoadedforBEARmorningofdepar.jpg

Here is a picture of the Firebird on the way home from a camping trip. It has dualsport knobbies on it for when the road get rough.

20090707Firebirdsafelyinroomsmall.jpg

1964 Royal Star 650 - Original paint but non-running as of yet (sigh).

P1010207.jpg

Hoped the pictures worked

Hey they did.

Web site for the Britbike guys. www.britbike.com

And for Silk - www.bmwr65.org

Good people on both sites!!!!!

Good to see you actually use these bikes,not trailer queens.Oil in frame A65 are not common...did they ever come out with the breadbox,or have you fitted a Triumph tank? Love the Firebird,'69/70 was my favorite year for A65's.As for the Royal Star...have you got the appropriate riding gear to go with that?

Sorry Silk,

No leathers and open faced helmet. I can't ride without ATGATT.

How is that Castrol Edge running in your R65??? Any leaks??

I have a 1980 BMW R65 for an every day ride.

The "breadbox" is the Home market 4 gallon BSA tank. Unfortunatly it is cracked in the front corner. I suspect this is a design feature.

Nice thread here.
I'm also restoring a '69 Rocket III and just added a (barely) running '65 Puch (Sears Allstate) 250 twingle to the collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back