Battery Cut off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought one of the green knob battery cut offs but I have notice that the screw has just a little bit of wobble in it. So therefore it won't make a sold connection. I have thrown the package away but I am sure it is Chinese junk.

Does anybody know who may handle a good one of these things or where I can get a cut off that does not require cutting or drilling?

I bought the same thing last year from wal mart. Cheap thing looked great but terrible connection. Ended up getting stranded in a huge rain storm, playing with the battery in the rain was a scary experience. Tossed it in the trash the next morning.

Yep mine came from Wal Mart also. They were the only ones in my area that had one. It is what I want on my Mustang but of course not one that is pure junk. You are right it does look great. I still would like to get one but certainly not one that is known junk!

Any ideas??

NEOhio Bob that visually is exactly what I had. Now if I could get Summit to commit to that fact that it will make a good connection I would buy it. Thanks for the reference!

Know what you mean - Summit also has their own brand, which is a couple dollars less, but I suspect might be Chinese. Moroso doesn't usually sell junk, but I didn't look at their web site or try to figure out where it is made...good luck!

Thanks for the good luck. I think I will need it in order to find one of these things that is quality. Trouble is I don't care to drill or cut holes in the car for this application. So if I can find one of these that works or something else that I can use that requires no drilling or cutting I'll be okay.

Thanks again!

Maybe a trip to Radio Shack would be a good answer.
Heaven forbid that they try their standard interrogation as to what parts and why you are looking for them!

Originally Posted By: NEOhio_Bob
Moroso doesn't usually sell junk, but I didn't look at their web site or try to figure out where it is made...good luck!

All of Moroso's products are made in USA. Their manufacturing facility and headquarters are about two and a half miles from my house.

exranger06 - One other guy told me that the Moroso product is made in China. Hmmm Now wonder where it really is made. Obviously if I had a choice I would rather buy American. Better quality and keeping what little this costs at home.

Tom - I'm certainly considering that if I can't locate a quality green wheel one. I am a little concerned about it fitting under the hood.

The sell "green wheel" style also.

You could install a "surface mount" switch inline instead of on top of the battery. There is also the race car style with the red key.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Originally Posted By: NEOhio_Bob
Moroso doesn't usually sell junk, but I didn't look at their web site or try to figure out where it is made...good luck!

All of Moroso's products are made in USA. Their manufacturing facility and headquarters are about two and a half miles from my house.

I can also vouch for this part specifically, since the last time I was in my local speed shop I actually picked up that package and looked for whether it was made HERE or not.
34.gif

Their air/oil separator which I have installed in my car is WAY OVER-BUILT, and also made in this country.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back