Bathroom sink drian plumbing question...

I ain't no plumber. Don't laugh, it doesn't leak...
I replaced the drain with a push open-close. The p trap was cobbled and glued together (not straight), and was leaking due to damage.
Of course, after a remodel, nothing lines up...
I put this together to make it work, but I know the flex tube is Mickey Mouse.
I think the correct fix is a straight tube from the wall drain; the goal being the sink drain tube being vertical (no bends).
I am not sure if the wall drain pieces are glued or screwed in...

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.
qTJjTqf77GShZd9KtTU8iamqyS34t6c-ZJgo6I1mqFgs5rMCj97rpbc4_kKvb6SdIdVnDzw3_wfmt6TjqDq62ygJZbQnPEXQ3FAs6QDr8mqGDa8b4XFJgl-s-8n2iEXgJiFwcW8NPOnzfuD4U_vmlTUI2yHXApcl4dwf7cySHx5THUpLVDm4ljHdYHtdSnI8w19dmkSt4GXxQj92BainjlZYm9CYlaITVccw0KW6pEIjKqfv4t_M7EcREPS1i-5em3o3ekiE86ChdfRnd5DR5TwWnFX2vlxnchG3Un-sXIBr923Re3Dq7tHru31PPgm0nURpJv5dgCHRl5V6hfCFvRsedmecHzNvLI-pE26O6EXTtxZClkKeWpgZYZt0jpb59BsZA9XcrFQ-7CGqZEaPvl66xDGJhEmHHaNSizkoRcLpRhFzrJjlxvem8tnW0G4IgckY8qaN5U6Zk8ibpGWUdgKzX1Rn1IX4wGEBjFebbgMbwRhKsLQxMeqGNw8BNE8isXZnqaGwKGNkaApmg2dC_r9fplOn3dAryqQwflPGBoVtaT0Dff03delQfui2E-3kXTaZnmfl3PuxOicK8NgQuSYlogiECJIRJj1EH3ZZ5WRMRAULaZCSlP2aISi3TirWp6uBrpGEBRZjv0zonSDW7bBRYinHo8bCDZBrvjsdznKwOydAN_iOfEiihkiBD2MSUMBrMSys5ni8p7qCVMO4pasl=w715-h953-no

Reactions: JTK
That's a "fair" solution, but it's not code and it will cause you problems in the near future.
I second what Danno said, just extend the drain out from the wal and you'll be good.

If it isn't leaking and you don't want to mess with it, don't. But know that you will need to periodically remove that accordion pipe to clean it out or replace it, as it will be the first thing to accumulate build-up and clog.

Like said, there are options should you ever want or need to dig back into it. I've got an accordion flex or two in service at my house. They crack over time or build up gunk.

There are some sweet rubber P-trap setups available, or like mentioned above, just extend from the wall more to reduce the offset you have currently. That will allow you to use a straight, smooth drain tailpiece.

61wCfspvF5L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Red Green would be proud of you.

It's a okay fix for the short term but I would replace it with a proper trap set up. Try unscrewing the trap and extending it.

An option is to extend the drain out from the wall far enough that you can go vertical from the sink drain to the P trap.
This was my uneducated guess the next day. I didn't mess with it because the 90* fitting from the wall might be glued in.
And I am beat up enough for one day.

My bathroom sink / vanity.
I placed a large cookie tray under it.
Then placed a Water Alarm on top of cookie tray.
I check with flashlight several times a year.
I sleep good at night.

Back