Bathfitter or Rebath Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kkreit01
$10K investment, and you'll be lucky to add $500 to your value on today's market.
It used to be that a new bathroom improved a house by as much as the job cost. You will have a tough time selling a house with a beat up bathroom. No facts to back this up, just saying is all.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Originally Posted By: kkreit01
$10K investment, and you'll be lucky to add $500 to your value on today's market.
It used to be that a new bathroom improved a house by as much as the job cost. You will have a tough time selling a house with a beat up bathroom. No facts to back this up, just saying is all.

I agree...this one needs some help, just don't want to break the bank as we will be trying to sell next spring/summer/fall

I assume this is not a job you want to tackle yourself?
If not, I would advise you to cost out the materials (Bath, Taps, Tiles, Tile backer, Bath panels if that is the case) then get estimates, NOT QUOTES!
Why? With a bath re-do you will never know what work is required until the Tub/Plumbing is exposed. If a Quote is asked, a contractor will build-in a 'What if' factor' weather you need it or not. An estimate should be based on a 'No unforeseen problems' basis. Once you know the material cost, you will know the labour cost by deduction, or you could offer to supply all materials an ask for a estimate on labour only.
Then check out the guy's past work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back