Bardahl B1 Engine Treatment experience, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks.

I know there should be a discussion somewhere on Bardahl B1, however I can't seem to find it.

This additive has been reintroduced to me after 17yrs. I forgot abt it and recently added it to my engine.

Existing situation:

Mitsubishi Colt 1.3, 10 years old, mileage 150,000kms.
Current oil: Castrol Magnatec Semi 10w-40
Added oil additive: Lubro Moly Mos2 (350ml can)

Butt dyno results:
After adding the Mos2, engine ran smoother.
Fuel consumption improved, now 13km per liter or 30.5mpg

Now remembering abt Bardahl, added this additive and seems engine is running so much smoother,
There was more pickup. Noticeably quieter. And this result from a low priced can of Bardahl? Quite an impressive result.

Now going back 17 years ago to my first car to which I added Bardahl B2. I'm now not that surprised that, that car is now being driven by the 3rd owner who is my younger brother who is mechanically illiterate. And i must say that despite it being poorly maintained: leaking head gasket, severely neglected/rusted radiator, multiple low engine oil situations- that car is still going strong. Its clocked over 500,000kms, driven all over the country - and yet morning starts are just accomplished with one turn. The car doesnt spew any blue or white smoke. It still has power. Btw never done any kind of overhaul!

Now I'm beginning to suspect that , that unknowing bardahl b2 treatment by me 17 yrs ago has given this engine some impressive protection till today. By right this car should be scrapped the way its been driven and treated. I've seen cars much younger than this spewing all sorts foul exhaust smoke and engine noise. This baby still purrs.

Any thoughts and similar experience by anyone on this Bardahl additive? I'm curious.

The engine piston slap noise has significantly reduced after just adding one 350ml can.
Mind you this engine already had magnatec engine oil and Lubro Moly Mos2 additive already added to it.

Last edited:

I added this one to my first car 17 yrs ago. Now still being driven by my younger brother. That car hasn't had an overhaul done to it despite 500,000kms clocked. No trace of white or blue smoke frm exhaust! Still going despite driving with low oil, low coolant, leaky head gasket etc. Go figure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back