Baldwin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Baldwin filters are good, but I would cross referance your filter number to the baldwin and check and compare specs. I wouldn't include fram in that list of your though. I'm using a baldwin coolant filter and fuel filter in my cummins. The fuel filter is rated at 5 microns versus 7 on an oem. Use whatever you can get cheapest and easiest to find.

I go out of my way to get Baldwin Filters. I have to go to a truck shop to get them since they're not generally available in regular auto parts stores. I copped out with my wife's Saturn and used Fram in it and the engine blew. Who knows if it was the filter. Can't say. I used to repair Diesel gensets. For 17 years in the business I used Baldwin filters exclusively and never had an oil related failure.

I got customers coming into Wal-Mart looking for certain filters and all we carry are "cough" Fram so I gotta turn them away. Yesterday I was in our local Co-op and they had these signs on the floor directing customers towards the Baldwin section, now I know where to send those people
ooo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back