Away for the winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the time has come. I enjoyed the new torquemonster diesel this summer, but I got caught in a snow storm last fall, so I'm extra cautious this year. I gave her some nice fresh Mobil 1 TDT, a Mann filter and a good soak with Rust Check, then to bed for the winter. Sleep tight.

100_7575.jpg

100_7574.jpg

Last edited:
I just found out that she'll have company for the winter. My brother-in-law's 1967 Camaro (below) and my newly acquired WW2 Triumph motorcycle will also be there.

100_4856.jpg

Originally Posted By: DC_Stewart
I just found out that she'll have company for the winter. My brother-in-law's 1967 Camaro (below) and my newly acquired WW2 Triumph motorcycle will also be there.

100_4856.jpg

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that garage really two cars deep, and wide? Looks like you could fit all sorts more stuff in front of the rabbit.

That Camaro is in REALLY nice shape!

Great to see they both have a good home for our brutal winters. Nothing worse than seeing car like that 'stored' under an ill-fitting tarp out in the elements.

I have to go against the sentiment here - I'll take the Camaro!

We've had some fun this summer. His 327 works fiiiiiinnnne, but the Torquemonster gave him some worries. He was shocked that a diesel could be fast too. When I left the American stuff behind and went Euro, he was very sceptical, but the bunnytruck is slowly worming it's way into his heart too.
As for the garage, it's a great size. It would probably hold 4 Rabbits, and probably will be holding more in the future. I'd love to have a torquemonster in a nice Mk 1 Jetta coupe.

Originally Posted By: DC_Stewart
Originally Posted By: The Critic
I see an oil leak under the car?!?!?!

No oil leak, just the result of an overly enthusiastic Rust Check installer.

Funny! I doubt anybody outside Atlantic Canada even knows what Rust Check is. The reason I know is that I was born and raised in Nova Scotia.

The first time I turned a wrench on my first Alberta-bought car (1986 Mercury Lynx) I was shocked at how little rust there was. Since then I've owned 5 more Alberta-bought cars and none of them have had anything but factory rust protection.

Here's a pic from a nice sunny summer day. Spring can't come soon enough.
As for those Alberta cars,a friend out there has an old 1989 Jetta Diesel that has no rust at all. They have no idea what Rust Check is. Sad, very sad.
100_6565.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back