Are you a Harbor Freight junkie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's dumb that a store would get political. If it offended half the populace, the other half won't buy 2x the stuff to make up for it.

They should have funnelled the money through the CEO's wife.

I was there this morning buying throwaway nitrile gloves. They're hard to beat for the price especially with a 20% off coupon, and today it was a free tarp for me.

Some of their tools are worth having. Sometimes, Home Depot will have the same thing for less money. It pays to shop around.

Yep. Love the place.

Some recent purchases. Paint brushes (great place for those), furniture pads, fat tire 2-wheel hand truck, furniture dolly, zip ties, new Viking line battery charger (quite nice, works great, just as good quality as any Schumacher I own, maybe better). I actually rarely buy tools there - but it’s great for one-time specialty type tools you’ll rarely use again.

Last edited:
Not a huge fan. I bought a 5 drawer rolling toolbox it's holding up well, I am not abusive on anything I own.(was on sale and had a 25% coupon) Don't know about heavy shop usage. I'll buy wire zip ties and gloves there, some hand tools but not their power tools.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Why did you go there on my post?

Your post ? This is a public forum....

I was a Craftsman junkie until I got fully loaded on tools before the China switch.

So now we know who HF donates to.

HF: YOU"RE GOING TO SEE MY UGLY MUG MUCH MORE OFTEN NOW!

WOW, They support a party that supports banning free speech wanting to subvert the Constitution and spends 80% of there time on being racist. (D)

Originally Posted By: Mainia
WOW, They support a party that supports banning free speech wanting to subvert the Constitution and spends 80% of there time on being racist. (D)

This here post is political.

The orginal one was legit and not over the line political IMO.

Junk. I spent $150 on a transmission Jack that failed second time I used it. DA failed right away. I will not darken their door again.

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Originally Posted By: ZZman

Why did you go there on my post?

His post was legit. They don't jive with his views so he goes elsewhere.
You did ask and he answered in detail but stopped short of typing a response
that would've been inappropriate.

I agree with this.

I have bought from them many times in the past. Not so much anymore.

Depends anymore. For sockets and such and sandpaper etc its great. For everything else I go to Lowe's or Home Depot.

Politics: two heads but one butt. We are covered in the same .... . Stop trying to lock threads with this nonsense.
As far as HFT goes, I have not had a hand tool brake unreasonably(super cheap screwdrivers, working with microscopic tool will all your my weight). Air impact has been satisfactory, still getting my 20 bucks worth after many years. I'm not going to spend 500 bucks there (although the 56" toolbox has been excellent)
And you can never have enough free blue tarps, or stupid things like flashlights for the twerps (just kidding, kids get nothing. MINE)

I've bought several things there. I don't get into the politics of their company, if I did that, I probably wouldn't buy from anyone. I've had some phenomenal luck with their tools. Let's see, I have a 18v cordless 1/2" impact wrench, which has been so strong I've taken truck beds and suspension parts off with it. I think I paid ~$100 for it and two batteries and two chargers. I have an electric 1/2" impact that works well too. I have a PP 1/2" ratchet set that I bought to throw in the truck for mobile tools, and it is now replacing my old Craftsman fine tooth ratchets, and I love it. I have a set of composite ratchets that I like a lot too. I have one of vibrator tools/saw, scraper whatever it's called, and many other tools that have worked well. I have a set of PP screwdrivers that rated right up there with some of the best in a recent review, and I would agree. I used a large one to wedge, pry the front wheel bearing hub off my Tacoma and it doesn't even look like it was abused at all.

I work on cars a LOT, and work on HVAC equip every week, and have Klein, Crecent, Malco etc professional tools, and I wouldn't trade them, but HF has some good tools. I've been doing this for over 40 years now, and can't gripe. Not everthing they sell is good, but some are, and some aren't. I've got a $45 Klein tapered multi size hole drill for ductwork, and I have two $7 HF bits the same style, the HF have lasted just as well and a 1/4" hole, is a 1/4" hole, etc.

I think like everything in life, they have good and bad. I don't like all Craftsman tools, never have, nor do I like all Klein, or Greenlee, or Proto, or whatever. I also don't like SnapOn tools, or Matco, or some of the other truck brands. I mostly think they are just rip offs. I've said it before and I still stand by it, there's an awful lot of good work being done by fairly priced tools, (budget priced if you like), it just usually doesn't require a $120 shiny wrench to turn a nut.
Now, one thing is true, there are some HEAVY DUTY applications, like was mentioned on here a while back, like working in a Catapillar factory or heavy diesel manufacturer, and it required really good tools to turn 2" nuts etc. Well I agree, but that's about 1% of the whole tool market, for everything else, it doesn't require such tools.

I once knew a fellow who built custom cars as a hobby, that sort of turned into a business. He was an absolute stickler for perfect cars. I mean an almost OCD approach to perfection, and I don't know of a single SnapOn or MAC or high priced tool in his garage, which was huge and well stocked, in fact he had four purpose built garages with a lift, etc. I'm sure he probably had a tool or two that he got somewhere along the way that were of an expensive brand, but I never saw one, and I saw what he used daily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back