Anyone tried the Berrans or STP intake valve cleaners?

I used both stp and Berryman. The problem I had, the pipe that attaches to the throttlebody is hard plastic. The hook for each collapses. The STP should empty in approximately 12 mins. After 18 it was only half done. The Berryman same with hook but they say the engine should be set at ideal, it kept stalling and only 1/4 used after 10 mins.
I e-m STP, they told me to use the hook after the MAF. The stuff would go into the turbo, pipe, intercooler before it goes up to the TB.
🤔

I used both stp and Berryman. The problem I had, the pipe that attaches to the throttlebody is hard plastic. The hook for each collapses. The STP should empty in approximately 12 mins. After 18 it was only half done. The Berryman same with hook but they say the engine should be set at ideal, it kept stalling and only 1/4 used after 10 mins.
I e-m STP, they told me to use the hook after the MAF. The stuff would go into the turbo, pipe, intercooler before it goes up to the TB.
🤔
Interesting for my Volvo I hooked up the plastic to the TB metal pipe and secured it by covering it with the TB rubber boot that comes from the air filter. None collapsed (I secured the hard plastic and not the soft tube). The engine was sputtering a bit after 25% down, but I just kept the accelerator pressed and modulated the pressure in order to maintain 2k rpm.

I used the STP IV cleaner on my GDI Focus and it worked really well as felt by smoothness and and a more free revving engine. I paid $30 for it a few years ago but it's gotten much more expensive (like everything else in the past 2 years). If I could get it for $30 I'd use it again....otherwise I'll stick with the Seafoam, Berryman or CRC version...or maybe my own concoction.
Do you mind sharing your own concoction?.

I looked at several videos of before and after treatments and I’ve yet to see any chemical treatment that did a good enough job to make it worth the money. If someone has seen one that achieves that goal please post it below. If not, I guess the products are just good at cleaning wallets.

Do you mind sharing your own concoction?.
I don't have one but am considering making one. I have thought of a mixture of Gumout Regane or Techron (for PEA), and maybe some Seafoam or similar for lubricity.

Gumout Multi-System Tune Up (which is in the Seafoam type container) used to state that it contained PEA but I don't think it states that anymore (even though it still might contain it). I have one of the older containers that contains PEA and may use it as it is.

🤔
Have to tried this?

Have to tried this?

I've been a former liqui moly fan but after spending a lot and seeing no difference I am beginning to think of Liqui Moly as the German/European version of STP/Lucas. Amazing advertising with lackluster performance combined with overpriced simple chemicals. Their jetron is an overpriced seafoam, berryman B12 most likely does more for half the price.

I've been a former liqui moly fan but after spending a lot and seeing no difference I am beginning to think of Liqui Moly as the German/European version of STP/Lucas. Amazing advertising with lackluster performance combined with overpriced simple chemicals. Their jetron is an overpriced seafoam, berryman B12 most likely does more for half the price.
No. Lucas and the others can be detrimental to a fully formulated motor oil.

Back