Anyone tried "Micro-Gard" filters sold by O'Reilly's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like O'Reilly's autoparts store is introducing a house brand. At least I haven't seen these anywhere else before. They are called Micro-Gard and look lke a pretty decent filter. No hint as to who makes them.......Anyone looked at them yet?? I think they're worthwhile exploring.

I looked at the Wal-Mart Super Tech filters and can only say that some of them look good to me....not all of them.. i.e the AC PF44 replacement filter looks very decent. However the AC PF 58 replacement looks poor. Only few holes on the metal spindle on the inside of the filter cartridge. Don't like that one at all !! Same story with the AC PF 52 replacement from Super Tech.......I'd rather go with the Motorcraft FL-1A for my 5.0HO and genuine Delco for my Corvette, Trans Am and Suburban.

Really the best filter for reasonable money are the black Castrol MaxPro line. unfortunately K-mart doesn't stock them any longer
frown.gif

[ November 30, 2002, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Alex D ]

Well Stuart......that's probably what I am going to have to do........The Catrol MaxPro Plus was a great filter, but nobody carries it anymore. Plus it was only $3.50 at K-mart......now try to get a Wix for that money

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
Well Stuart......that's probably what I am going to have to do........The Catrol MaxPro Plus was a great filter, but nobody carries it anymore. Plus it was only $3.50 at K-mart......now try to get a Wix for that money

It is easy! Look for a Phillips Trop Artic filter and you have found a Wix . The type I use sell for 2.50 to 3.00 .

UPDATE.UPDATE.UPDATE.......
The part number (25288) for the Micro-Gard oilfilter for my 2002 Chevy suburban is identical to the Purolator part number. I assume the Micro-Gard is being made by Purolator for O'Reilly's

quote:

The part number (25288) for the Micro-Gard oilfilter for my 2002 Chevy suburban is identical to the Purolator part number. I assume the Micro-Gard is being made by Purolator for O'Reilly's

Don't be so quick to assume that. A lot of filters will use the same or similar part numbering as Fram, but they aren't made by Fram. Example: I use a SuperTech ST8A filter on my 300M and the filter is made by Champion. The Fram part number is PH8A. The Champ part number is PH8A. (Champ is Champion's own label).

I was able to compare the Micro-gard filters to the Purolator filters today. It is obvious that they are manufactured by Purolator. Same metal spindle and also the same composite metal backplate that gives the Purolator away.
quote:

Originally posted by XHVI:

quote:

Don't be so quick to assume that. A lot of filters will use the same or similar part numbering as Fram, but they aren't made by Fram. Example: I use a SuperTech ST8A filter on my 300M and the filter is made by Champion. The Fram part number is PH8A. The Champ part number is PH8A. (Champ is Champion's own label).

[ December 07, 2002, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Alex D ]

I talked to O'Reilly..these Micro Gard filters are repackaged Purolator Premium Plus filters...cheaper than the Purolators though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back