Anyobe Else Have This HF Impact Wrench?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jdmstr22
1/2 In. Electric Impact WrenchChicago Electric Power Tools - Item#68099

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-electric-impact-wrench-68099.html

Just got one today for $37.50plus tax. is it? How long have you had it?

I have one from Canadian Tire which is the same wrench. It's ok for removing wheel lug nuts.

Anything needing more torque won't work. I also have the HF earthquake, but the older model. That thing is powerful, but you need an air compressor for it. You got it a a good price, so enjoy!

Regards, JC.

I have something similar to this and it barely removes lug nuts. I wouldn't bother. If you were closer, you can have mine.

I have the $39 one, its yellow, and only puts out about 80 ft lbs, but it works great for my purposes removing/installing nuts on mower blades, lug nuts after they're broken loose, etc. If I had to use one a lot I'd look for one that you could adjust the torque on...if there is such a thing.

I have one too, I bought it about 6 years ago. Mine is the old orange color. It works great, busts lug nuts loose super easy. I don't know how well it might do in a professional use-it-every-day environment but mine has done a fine job every time I have used it. I paid $39.95 for it on sale.

I bought my impact wrench and a HF 3 ton floor jack at the same time. It's off topic but my jack works fine too. It's one of the old style orange and white jacks. Not all HF tools are junk, and not all HF tools are terrific either but I have had good luck with my impact wrench and floor jack.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I have something similar to this and it barely removes lug nuts. I wouldn't bother. If you were closer, you can have mine.

I use a breaker bar to break them loose, then use this impact wrench to remove them.

I used a similar one. It was good enough for suspension bolts on 3000 lb FWD cars. It did lug nuts no problem.

Picked this up earlier this year. Used it a handful of times for removing lug nuts on cars and trucks as well as the blade bolt on a lawn mower. Can't comment on long term performance but so far I've been impressed. Definitely performs better than the price indicates and as long as the lifespan proves reasonable it will probably get replaced with the same thing when the time comes.

I have it but I paid less than $30 after coupon for it. It is barely enough to take off the lug nuts. After I bought Craftsman C3 19.2 and extra Lithium batteries, the HF electric is gathering dust.

Vikas,

What's the lbft rating on your Craftsman?

And what was the torque on the lug nuts?

I have a Ryobi that isn't cutting it even though its spec says it should.

Cheers

That's a good question; how does an individual measure the FT lbs of torque for an impact wrench.

If it was a Dewalt or IR I would believe the specs, HF probably just copies the specs from the Chinese maker of the tool. Who knows there.

The C3 claims to do over 200 ft-lb. It has successfully taken off the front axle bolt(s) (32mm) of a 10 year old Maxima. The factory spec on that bolt is around 175 ft-lb and since it was there for decade under New England weather/salt condition, it definitely needed some serious muscle to come out. Frankly, neither myself nor my mechanic had any hopes that it would come off with my C3 wrench but it did in few seconds of banging. The other side was done in few months and it too came off with this wrench. I had carried it with me to the shop so that I could test it.

The NiCd do not hold charge over time but Lithium are good and charge lasts for months. I do NOT keep the wrench in the car but in my basement.

It gets uniformly good reviews and can be had for competitive prices if you look for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back