Any tire deals for 2010 Honda CR-V 2WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Mom's 2010 Honda CR-V 2WD with 36,000 miles got a nail in one of the tires in the back. The TPMS light comes on frequently now. I put air in it a few times, but TPMS light reappears two days after (My gauge showed 16 PSI when I was at the air pump!). The 2 factory Bridge stone tires in the rear are pretty worn, so I figured we should replace them. The front tires' tread is not great, but they still got some life left on it, so I figured we can just purchase 2 tires for now.

Northern Virginia climate and rarely on highways. So probably something cheap.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Sawdusted
Can the tire be patched with a rubber spline? It can buy some time for a few dollars.

Tires in the back are worn down to the wear bar. So I am looking for tire sales or rebates.

Goodyear is offering up to 160.00 off a set as well as instant savings and 0% for six months. I love Goodyear, but I am also VERY biased
smile.gif

All the popular rebates typically require you buy four tires.

Kumho has a $50 rebate until the end of the month on the Ectsa LX Platinum, Ecsta 4X, and LE Sport, and are probably the cheapest tires worth buying.

bought the Falken 612 for my moms CRV from discount when they were having the $100 rebate. Got it all done with the certs for about $430 after the rebate. they seem to be an ok tire and buying it from Discount i don't need to be concerned about the company backing it up.

I would go with the Michelin Defender or Defender XT (Costco/BJ'S).

$170/tire and it is warrantied for 90k. Theoretically, this should be your lowest cost per mile in the long-term.

Do not be fooled by low-quality, inexpensive tire and/or their low upfront cost.

Originally Posted By: shadow7
Hey guys,

Mom's 2010 Honda CR-V 2WD with 36,000 miles got a nail in one of the tires in the back. The TPMS light comes on frequently now. I put air in it a few times, but TPMS light reappears two days after (My gauge showed 16 PSI when I was at the air pump!). The 2 factory Bridge stone tires in the rear are pretty worn, so I figured we should replace them. The front tires' tread is not great, but they still got some life left on it, so I figured we can just purchase 2 tires for now.

Northern Virginia climate and rarely on highways. So probably something cheap.

Thanks.

www.tirerack.com very useful website. THey are great also for letting you know about rebates. And within their website, can refer you to an installer. Some of these shops offer "drop-shipment" where you can let tirerack ship direct to the shop.

their cheapest tire is the Kumho Sense (at least it's made in Korea still)... about $82 each plus shipping and install....

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
If you can wait until January, here's a good promo from Bridgestone/Firestone:

https://www.upaywhatwepay2014.com/xpVgD

x2 I think the best deal you'll have on a set of tires is at a Firestone Complete Auto Care store in January.

The Falken Ziex 912 (which is actually a pretty decent tire) sells for $106 each. If that brand is included in the buy-it-at-cost deal, then you can probably guess that they'd cost somewhere in the $60-70 range.

I think the best tire at a FCAC store for the CR-V is the Firestone Destination LE2. It retails for $136 each, so you can probably assume that cost is in the $80-95 range.

I just put General Altimax RT 43s on my RAV4, and I'm quite happy with them so far. The 225/65R17 102T is only $102 at Tire Rack. Or for three bucks more, you can get the same size with an H speed rating.

Thanks, I will most likely go to Walmart TLE and get 2 Goodyear Viva 2 on rollback for $96 each. Anyone have experiences with Goodyear Viva 2?

Thanks, I will most likely go to Walmart TLE and get 2 Goodyear Viva 2 on rollback for $96 each. Anyone have experiences with Goodyear Viva 2?

Well, it's pretty much the cheapest tire you can buy in this size...and you'll get performance commensurate with the cheapest tire you can buy. They have little siping and lose traction early on in their life. Their dry traction is fair, but wet/snow traction is pretty poor.

Yea, I didn't like'em on a Honda Accord that I had them on. They were fine for the first 10K-12K miles but, deteriorated quickly after that to about 30K miles. I'm not a fan of G/Y passenger tires though, I have had decent success with the G/Y ACT's on my wifes Lexus.

I'd buy tires for your mom's CR-V based on ratings/scoring and customer reviews for you particular CR-V. Tire Rack Customer Reviews is a good tool when looing for tires as, you can narrow down the vehicle and climate for your particular tire criteria. And view ratings from CR and TR
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back