Any Sites That Have Updated Specs for Oil Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5s and I was wanting to know if anyone knows of RECENTLY UPDATED good websites for filter specs for media surface area, opinions on quality etc. Anything is welcome, even if a fellow Altima owner has found a filter that they have done some research on and use themselves. Thank You in advance.

PS. I know some will just say look on the filter website but most give outside demensions but no media SA size.
Thanks

I can't help you on a site but can tell you that I have had a very quiet engine in my 2007 Frontier with VQ40 engine (V-6) using Mobil 1 5WE-30 and a Purolator Pure 1 or a NAPA Gold (Wix) filter. I lean toward the Pure 1 as the Wix apparently has less filter area as the relief valve is at the bottom of the filter and takes up vertical space. I currently have about 30,500 miles on the engine.

BTW, I drained the factory fill at just over 1000 miles and replaced with Mobil 1 which I have been using ever since.

Why don't you get a couple filters that you think are solidly built and cut them open?

This is cheap enough over the life of the vehicle to make it worth it IMO.
thumbsup2.gif

Fellow Altima owner here. I have a 2008 2.5 S Coupe. My current filter of choice is a DENSO 150-1010. I have a relative that works for DENSO and was able to get them through their employee purchase program. They're very well built and looked great when I cut one open after a 6,000 mile OCI. Look here.

Either the 150-1009 or the 150-1010 are suitable choices for your application. The difference between the two is a 65 mm outer diameter on the 1009 versus a 68 mm diameter on the 1010. The 1010 fits just fine and I chose it assuming that it probably has slightly more filtering media. Though from a practical sense, it won't make a difference.

Based on my research, I wouldn't hesitate to use any of the following:

Purolator PureONE PL14610
Mobile 1 M1-110
K&N HP-1010
Bosch D3323
WIX 51356 (or equivalent NAPA Gold)
DENSO 150-1010 (or 150-1009)

You'll get excellent filtering that'll be fine for whatever interval you're running (unless you plan to do real long intervals and then I'll defer to someone else for their experience).

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I have a 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5s and I was wanting to know if anyone knows of RECENTLY UPDATED good websites for filter specs for media surface area, opinions on quality etc. Anything is welcome, even if a fellow Altima owner has found a filter that they have done some research on and use themselves. Thank You in advance.

Checkout this thread ... some Altima stuff.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1832936

The oil filter really isn't super important in the whole picture of your engines life. Any decent quality oil filter will allow you engine to outlast the chassis.

Originally Posted By: barlowc
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Checkout this thread ... some Altima stuff.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1832936

Good thread. Thanks for pointing us to it.

From the pictures, I'm guessing the PL14459 won't fit the 4-cylinder Altima's QR25DE engine. I'd love to hear someone tell me otherwise though.
No, not enough clearance (diameter wise) to fit on the 2.5L. It does however, fit many earlier Honda Accords and Civics that use/call for the #7317. Doesn't fit the latest gen. Accords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back