Any other Amsoil dealers being poached/approached?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good catch. I went back to the site and it looks like they have the data reversed for their 5w-20 and 5w-30.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Newsflash: Businesses can't survive if they don't make money. Some people go as far as saying profit is nasty dirty word and the government should "do something".

As for Gary's post - it looks like spam, so my ISP spam filter probably gigged it if I was cc'd. I can see a marketing niche on one hand, on the other hand OTS oils can blow this stuff out of the water and most successful Amsoil guys will recognize it for what it is. I did not see any prices.

On their site, they say their full synthetic is $3.99/quart. They have stats on their home page about how much extra a quick-lube can make offering this product as a bargain syn oil change.

I think it's a great idea, the product and price, and I don't entirely see anything wrong with them offering someone who is already selling oil another product to hawk...with their specs, they're not even TRYING to compete with the product Amsoil sells.....

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong about them contacting other establised independent lubrication rep agents. This practice is very common in the industrial sector with major distributors and rep agencies who all carry multiple lines. If I were an amsoil rep I would carry multiple lubricants, filters, tools, plastic gloves, oil catch pans, you name it. I would have a website exclusively for the small shop, lube stop or DIYer.

One stop shopping.

what would you think if you went into WalMart and the whole oil department was Supertech?

Last edited:
I will stick with Amsoil. They have been good to me so far, and the guys here who are site sponsors are excellent to deal/chat with. No need to switch.

That said, I'm trying some Red Line I already purchased because I'm curious about it. Most likely I will go back to Amsoil.
grin2.gif

Keep up the good work Pablo/Gary!

Thanks - I missed the prices. Like I wrote I can see a marketing niche, but I would not exactly enjoy describing that there is no association with this oil and Amsoil.....heck we don't even know if the oil is any good.

If it IS truely an API SM/GF-4 oil, it is 'good'. Will last the 5-7500-mile drains most OEM's call for, or OLM interval. That works for 99% of the people out there.

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Oh wow. I didnt even notice that before.

Looks like someone hasn't been studying their viscosity chart before bed....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back