any issue with charging a agm battery using noco genius normal mode?

hey all, i may have charged a agm battery using the noco genius 2 normal mode rather then the agm mode. is this any ill effect to the battery? or is it fine?

thx

The end voltage will be lower than an AGM would require for a full charge, but other than that theres no problem.

hey all, i may have charged a agm battery using the noco genius 2 normal mode rather then the agm mode. is this any ill effect to the battery? or is it fine?

thx
What is the charge voltage of the NOCO in normal mode? In AGM mode? As long as the voltage in normal mode in not higher than specified for your particular AGM battery, it will be OK. But AGM batteries are less tolerant of overcharging than flooded batteries.

Reactions: Y_K
I've heard if you use a normal charger to charge an agm, to charge at a low amperage like 2 amps. Apparently these batteries charge much quicker than regular flooded lead acid batteries opinions? My side by side battery dies of it doesn't get used enough. I just spent $180 on an agm powersport battery for it last year. Should I jist charge it at 2amps for a couple hours and throw it back in the side by side and go for a ride?

Back