Any concerts or festivals planned for summer approaching?

I work hard and like to enjoy myself with Family and Friends when the weather is nice. I have two concerts for this summer with secured tickets for my best friend and myself. First one is the Foo Fighters July 23, 2024 at Hershey Park Stadium in Hershey Pennsylvania. Second concert is Aerosmith with the Black Crowes September 23, 2024 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Little things in life.... What do all the BITOG people have for upcoming plans?

No concerts or festivals that are planned unless you consider a Memorial Day and Labor Day flea market a festival lol. I am planning on going to two MLB games this summer though one in DC and one in Baltimore. I’m much more into baseball than I am concerts or anything like that so that’s what I like to do to have some time away from work drama lol. Also love doing cookouts with my family during the summer and having a cold beer in my hand and a baseball game on TV.

Last two concerts were Tool and Sessanta (A Perfect Circle, Puscifer, and Primus) and I will probably get my obligatory Dave Matthews Band in this summer plus whatever comes up.

Last two concerts were Tool and Sessanta (A Perfect Circle, Puscifer, and Primus) and I will probably get my obligatory Dave Matthews Band in this summer plus whatever comes up.
I seen Tool last November in Allentown Pa.. That was my 3rd time seeing them!!! The Rolling Stones & Pearl Jam are also coming to Philly this summer. Not happy with ticket prices for either of them shows -- whole different topic. I do plan on getting tickets to one of the two Pearl Jam shows though -- waiting till the day and grab them off Stub Hub at a reduced rate.

I seen Tool last November in Allentown Pa.. That was my 3rd time seeing them!!!
Went to Tool in Boston at TD Garden on Nov 15th (3rd time seeing them)...great show! They played Rosetta Stoned which I never thought I'd see live! Went to Sessanta (the first show of the tour) at The Wang Theater in Boston which is a small venue and it was very cool. That was my first time seeing Primus and APC - I've seen Puscifer now 4x.

I find prices too high I guess, we did 3 Dead Co shows in 2022, not into the Sphere but have coworkers going…

Went to Tool in Boston at TD Garden on Nov 15th (3rd time seeing them)...great show! They played Rosetta Stoned which I never thought I'd see live! Went to Sessanta (the first show of the tour) at The Wang Theater in Boston which is a small venue and it was very cool. That was my first time seeing Primus and APC - I've seen Puscifer now 4x.
Yeah, if Tool does not blow your mind seeing them live -- no band will. ;)

ELO in october, if they still tour.
They’re touring as ‘Jeff Lynne’s ELO’ this summer and fall but most of their venues are in the western states it seems. Nashville and Atlanta are the closest venues to N.C. as of today. My wife and I went to a concert recently in Greensboro to see ‘Evil Woman’ dubbed ‘The American ELO’ which was disappointing to say the least!

They’re touring as ‘Jeff Lynne’s ELO’ this summer and fall but most of their venues are in the western states it seems. Nashville and Atlanta are the closest venues to N.C. as of today. My wife and I went to a concert recently in Greensboro to see ‘Evil Woman’ dubbed ‘The American ELO’ which was disappointing to say the least!
I have tickets for Atlanta, but the long time keyboardist, Richard Tandy, passed away wed.

Mrs. Kira and niece caught the Rolling Stones in Houston last week.
Their $99 tickets sounded like they were distant, but they had a good time.
They claimed the sound system was good and clear.

I believe this will be our 10th year to visit Blues, Brews, & BBQ festival at Beaver Creek Ski Resort over the Memorial day weekend. Usually about 6 friends meet there. Two and a half days of blues or blues/rock bands playing, drinking great beers, all with the smell of smoked meats wafting through the place. It's pretty darn fun!
The headline band this year is Booker T Jones. Will be great to see such a classic. Hopefully, the weather cooperates. Over the years, we've had lots of rain, snow, and hail. Being up in the mountains at 9000 feet can make things tricky. Heck, I believe they are still skiing up there right now.

Later in June, seeing Tab Benoit at a pretty small venue in my closest town.

Pic from several years ago.
1714836039338.jpg

Back