Anthony 'The Go Show' Gobert in Palliative Care

The Go-Show won the 94 Australian Superbike championship on a RC45 and we were hopeful Honda would hire him to race in World Superbike on a full factory HRC kitted effort but the deal failed and Rob Muzzy signed Anthony... I feel sick seeing him in this condition...

94GobertRC45PI.JPG

A couple other articles ... seem to be some strange happenings going on. Whatever it is, hope things work out best way possible.

Such great natural talent and like many professions, sports figures, actors, singers…you always read about their unfortunate dependence on drugs and alcohol and fall from the spot light.

Recalled when he showed up for the AMA nationals in Loudon, NH and ran some practice laps with the V&H Ducati and poled after not showing up Fri. Driving from MA to NH, those were the racers I followed in the late 90s. May he rest in peace.

He was an amazing talent. He won races on V4s, inline-4s and V-twins with seemingly little effort needed to adjust. Shame he couldn't do more with his opportunity on the RGV500 but his addictions got in the way unfortunately.

RIP

From his mother..

“My heart is breaking as I write this as my first born beautiful son Anthony has passed late this afternoon. I loved him from the moment he was born until the day I die. At times he was challenging to say the least but he always had a kind heart and cared for everyone. Sadly he was a victim of addiction which runs deeply in our families. He tried many times to get better but he couldn’t quite make it. I am so proud of him and thank all those good people who added to his life. You know who you are ”

R.I.P.

I have watched Anthony a few times at Fontana during practice days. I've seen him run under 130's which is wicked fast for a 2.36 mile 19 turn track, that really is not a real racing track. The track is a Joke as far as traction and flow, it's a total slip n slide on most of the turns. He broke the record time with a 125. on an R7, I think sometime in about 2002/03.

Anthony was out partying, drinking with some friends of mine that I usually saw or rode the canyon every Sunday with, or raced at Willow with once a month. There was an AMA race that weekend at Fontana I believe, the subject of Anthony comes up. This is Sunday morning at about 8am at the Lookout on Ortega HWY 74. The AMA race is in a few hours and we are all going to a Bar and Grill to watch the races. We have all just heard last night that Erion Racing has dumped Anthony without any explanation. He was supposed to be racing today, without any explanation from Erion we were all puzzled. So, one of my friends says Anthony got arrested, he says he and a couple of the other guys were out at a bar with him and when Anthony left, he got pulled over on the way home. One of my other friends standing there said, Anthony called him yesterday morning, Saturday. Said he needs help to get Bailed! This friends dad is the Chief of Huntington Beach Police Dept. Anthony was arrested in H.B. Friend goes and Bails him, but Anthony was not DUI alcohol only, I will leave it at that. Anthony never returned to race again in the states that I know of. I think this was about 2004/5. Sad, the guy had such incredible abilities.

R.I.P Anthony

Back