Android 4.2.1 - Cyanogenmod 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have an S3 i have been considering flashing CM 10.1 but since the S3 has so many features i'm afraid i might lose some of them.
grin.gif

Does NFC and S Beam works properly?
Does the Camera works properly?
What features/functions are not working properly?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Noobie
I also have an S3 i have been considering flashing CM 10.1 but since the S3 has so many features i'm afraid i might lose some of them.
grin.gif

Those all work fine. I'm running the latest monthly, M3, which is 4.2.2.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
grin.gif

Those all work fine. I'm running the latest monthly, M3, which is 4.2.2.

Nice, do you run any security software such as Avast?
If so, are there any conflicts?

I'm asking because anti theft features are very important for me.
eek.gif

I think i might give it a shot. I used to flash nightlies on my S2 every couple days but with the S3 its a whole different story, i don't want to lose any of the features that comes with the device. I even use the swipe screen screenshot feature regularly.

Last edited:
lol no need for security software.Just dont download sketchy apps. The swipe screenshot doesnt work, I have it setup to hold power button and take SS.

Used CM 10.1 Nightly for one day and im already switching back to the original firmware.

It does take some getting used to, but is so much faster and customizable. DId you have issues or were just used to touchwiz? There are some awesome touchwiz roms you could try.

Originally Posted By: Bryankkkk
It does take some getting used to, but is so much faster and customizable. DId you have issues or were just used to touchwiz? There are some awesome touchwiz roms you could try.

It worked pretty well, the problem is that i use some of the Stock ROM features.
Such as S Beam, swipe to take screenshoot etc.

S beam works fine with my 4.2.2 aokp rom.(Its just nfc, nothing special, just uses sammy name) THe swipe feature is nice but their are apps where you shake the device to take a SS.

If im not mistaken theres S Beam and then theres NFC.
While both uses NFC to communicate, S Beam uses the Wifi capabilities of your phone to transfer files faster and thats a big plus for me.

Last edited:
If im not mistaken theres S Beam and then theres NFC.
While both uses NFC to communicate, S Beam uses the Wifi capabilities of your phone to transfer files faster and thats a big plus for me.

Well, under Settings -> Wireless & Networks I have both:

-NFC
-Android Beam

The latter only works when the former is enabled of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back