AMSOIL XL OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you guy's suggest for a beginning OCI for a 2007 Kia Optima using Amsoil XL 5W-20. The car has 15k miles on it. I plan on doing a UOA on it after the first use. I have been using PP 5w-30, but I got my hands on a case of XL 5w-20 and if the UOA proves good, I will continue with it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: klvaleri
I have been told that XL 5W20 with amsoil filter could go 10K and a bit more easily.
By whom?

Originally Posted By: klvaleri
I have been told that XL 5W20 with amsoil filter could go 10K and a bit more easily.

No doubt about that. If personally worried about the warranty, stay within the MAX. If not, 10K will be no issue.

As an example - on our 2006 Honda Ody 3.5 V6 - I do 2X OLM OCI (14-15K miles) on Amsoil 0W-20 ASM and don't sweat any BB's.

I thought the XL line was good for 7500 miles so I would stick with that as a baseline and then if uoa's say you can stretch it out a tad longer do so if you want to.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Max recommended OCI.

Agree 100%!
thumbsup2.gif

(and I don't sell the oil)
grin2.gif

And if Pabs was a true salesperson here JUST to sell stuff, he would have said 3000. (to sell more oil!)

Really, looking at the oil and UOAs XL is EXCELLENT oil. I'd buy it over retail Mobil 1 (and most other over the counter Syns) with NO question.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back