Amsoil SSO 0W-30, 1993 Civic, 3,007 miles

I wanted to use Redline SI-I but i couldn't find any. All they had was the Gumout. For the test, I want to keep the cleaner
all the same.
Cool! I get the SI-1 from Amazon these days. I believe OReilly and AAP carries it for future ref. However, good choice with the Regane. Do they still have PEA advertised on the label?

Hi itslimjim, good to hear from you.
I read the entire label of the Gumout Regane, it does not mention PEA. the only thing they listed was Naphthalene and
petroleum distillates.

I am getting the Redline SI-I together from different sources. As you wrote, AAP has some in stock and ebay has some also.
I am going to visit O'Reillys next week after the storm passes. In any event, I am going to wait for the UOA results before
using it.

The results of my little experiment is
1. the oil was too dirty to do particle counts
2. aluminum met the universal average at 4ppm
3. chromium also met the UA at 1 ppm
3. iron was slightly elevated at 27 ppm (UA is 9 ppm) I have had iron as high as 43 ppm, but normally it runs 15 ppm or so.
4. lead beat the UA of 5 ppm at 0 ppm
5. tin was also 0 ppm.

the miles on the oil was 6,430
the universal averages according to Blackstone Labs is for 5,900 miles so I went 500 miles over that.

A lot of people use fuel injector cleaner only just before their oil change, I wanted to see if using the cleaner every fill-up
made any difference. Other than the "dirty" oil everything else looked good.

I think that the cleaner may have liberated dirt from the engine block just like high gas in the oil used to.

Where the hell is the dirty shedding from? 🤨 Fuel tank? Fuel lines? Injectors THAT clogged up? There’s no way the FIC additive is magically cleaning up the PCV with tiny vapors from the combustion process / EGR. I call BS. 😤

Where the hell is the dirty shedding from? 🤨 Fuel tank? Fuel lines? Injectors THAT clogged up? There’s no way the FIC additive is magically cleaning up the PCV with tiny vapors from the combustion process / EGR. I call BS. 😤
I wish I knew

Back