Amsoil Signature Series warranty discussion

Ok, find me Quaker State 0w30 that is API SP licensed. When I say API SN+, it's assuming anything that or better since API SP is satisfies anything earlier.

Are you asking me to deviate from the OM saying 0w30?
You are going up against some strong beliefs here.

Indeed outside the viscosity requirement would violate the written words...........

Attachments

• IMG_5030.jpg
    IMG_5030.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5029.jpg
    IMG_5029.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 7
I do understand that, but Hyundai wouldn't give an answer. They deferred to the dealer, who actually uses Amsoil. I understand your trepidation (this is BITOG), but I'm not sure where else to push on this. Is the manufacturer going to deny engine claims from that entire dealer for using Amsoil and Pennzoil?
Oh I'm no warranty-worrier but it's also a risk-based discussion. I'm sure this is 100% fine b/c as you say, the dealer said it was fine. The concern over warranty claim denial based on the oil you are using is almost all unfounded.

Last edited:
Oh I'n no warranty-worrier but it's also a risk-based discussion. I'm sure this is 100% fine b/c as you say, the dealer said it was fine. The concern over warranty claim denial based on the oil you are using is almost all unfounded.
Gotcha. Thanks.

I would hope not.

Given that you are worried about a winter rating voiding the warranty, are you concerned that the Amsoil SS products don't have an API license? It wouldn't worry me at all but I'm just asking how far you take the worry.
Sorry. I mistyped my response from my phone. I edited it. I added two screenshots from the OM

My only worry was about a claim getting denied. I’m fully confident in Amsoil SS to protect my engine.

Regarding viscosity, I would prefer to use 5w30 because I live in the South but I don’t want to mess with the warranty. Am I overthinking that?

Last edited:
The words are in post #105

Amsoil has always stated owners should stick with the recommended viscosity regardless of wording (detail/specificity)
It doesn't actually say that however, does it? Nor does it say you "have" to use an API licensed oil. Again it's about damage, which it always has been.

Does it say that anywhere in your owners manual or warranty book?
It doesn't actually say that however, does it? Nor does it say you "have" to use an API licensed oil. Again it's about damage, which it always has been.
"Using oils of any viscosity other than those recommended could result in engine damage."

It's a strong statement. All they recommend is 0w30 for this engine. I don't disagree with your statements, however.

"Using oils of any viscosity other than those recommended could result in engine damage."

It's a strong statement. All they recommend is 0w30 for this engine. I don't disagree with your statements, however.
Every owner’s manual I’ve ever seen says that. Which makes sense of course.

That was true with the Theta engines but the new Smartstream engines seem to be solid.

Besides, I can't purchase their recommended Quaker State 0w30 because it doesn't even exist.
Quaker state 0w30 certainly exists.

Euro LX 0w30. It's also the same as shell helix 0w30 and pennzoil platinum euro LX 0w30.

Yep, I know that now but it's API SN, not SN+ or better. Plus, I don't think either are technically API licensed because the starburst doesn't seem to appear on the bottles.

Also, show me where you can buy the Quaker State product.

Last edited:
Does your car really need Amsoil?
All of my cars thirst for the holy elixir.

You can read my other post about how my cars have operated when going from M1 to Amsoil SS; totally anecdotal. It was and continues to be a significant improvement so it has made me a customer.

Last edited:
Whether the oil is fine and whether there could be warranty chagrin are 2 separate discussions.

I would probably have recorded the Lead Tech (disclaimer: assuming doing so is legal in your local).

Whether the oil is fine and whether there could be warranty chagrin are 2 separate discussions.

I would probably have recorded the Lead Tech (disclaimer: assuming doing so is legal in your local).
I don't think it would've been legal to do so. I did document what he said, his name, and the name of the dealership in my response back to Hyundai so that it's in an email to the manufacturer.

Back