Amsoil Oil Filter Micron level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anyone slams me for not researching...I've spent plenty of time searching for my answer with no luck.

I'm trying to figure out the oil filter micron level for Amsoil Absolute Efficiency filters. For instance there's a study showing a comparison between a looooong list of oil filter competitors and their micron level at which they're able to filter, and this list puts pureone filters miles above the competition at less than 5 microns. I doubt pureone is a synthetic media filter and I'm skeptic of the study. However my main goal is finding a filter that goes beyond 5-10 microns- Why? Because I always want more, and really I ask- Why not? The oil clearances are very tight between the crank and bearings so the smaller the particles the better.

I really believe in Amsoil oil products and I'm thinking that their filters are just as good. So what I'm looking for is not posted on their company website- the details about their $18+ filters and why I should buy one.

Hopefully someone here has the specs for their filters. I need a typical FL1A ford oil filter and a filter for my 350Z also.

After even more reading on links found through Yahoo, other amsoil sellers are claiming 5 microns for the absolute filter. Amsoils bypass system claims 1/10th micron! thats amazing. Love it.

Originally Posted By: gto78
.....my main goal is finding a filter that goes beyond 5-10 microns- Why? Because I always want more, and really I ask- Why not? The oil clearances are very tight between the crank and bearings so the smaller the particles the better......

Hopefully someone here has the specs for their filters. I need a typical FL1A ford oil filter and a filter for my 350Z also.

You probably need a bypass filter then.....well depending on what level of efficiency you are looking for.

Quote:
EaO Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 98.7 percent at 15 microns,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back