amsoil HDD 5-30 users please check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see read my experiences on the Amsoil HDD 5w30 series 3000 oil in the diesel oil analysis. It is under 46k on oil change. Go back a few pages and you will find it By the way, I just sent in an oil test but no report yet. The engine has 178k on it. It burned 2 qts. in 13,500 miles since last oil change. Many think I am foolish for going by oil analysis but so far it's proof the oil is still good or the motor would be junk a long time ago. I will post the results when I get the email back. Should be good though, only has 13.5 k on it. The oil has the ability to last 50k. I change it though as soon as any result goes past normal, even if it's not critical. Later, ihookem. P.S. 7/30/11 was the last post of " Amsoil with 46k on it."

Last edited:
I have used AMSoil HDD 5W30 in 2 Lexus RX350's and in my SC430 for several years now and will not entertain using anything else. UOA's have been stunning although I only run short change intervals 6 months as my driving environment meets the severe service requirements.

I live in Sydney Australia and travel to Brisbane Australia in the height of the Aussie summer. Ambient temps range from 0 C to up to 40C. The HDD. Is at the upper end of the viscosity range for a 30 weight and is borderline a 5W40 IMO.

This oil is simply wicked and has also managed to find its way into all my power equipment.

I haven't noticed any MPG improvement but don't care as I use it because of the protectin it affords.

Love it!

Originally Posted By: LexusAussie
I have used AMSoil HDD 5W30 in 2 Lexus RX350's and in my SC430 for several years now and will not entertain using anything else. UOA's have been stunning although I only run short change intervals 6 months as my driving environment meets the severe service requirements.

I live in Sydney Australia and travel to Brisbane Australia in the height of the Aussie summer. Ambient temps range from 0 C to up to 40C. The HDD. Is at the upper end of the viscosity range for a 30 weight and is borderline a 5W40 IMO.

This oil is simply wicked and has also managed to find its way into all my power equipment.

I haven't noticed any MPG improvement but don't care as I use it because of the protectin it affords.

Love it!

Great! Please post the UOA's for us!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
We really need that XOM Esso XD-3 0W30 (or whatever they call it now) to be sold south of Canada for diesel owners who can't plug in in really cold weather. Still think that's the best answer, and I would bet some fuel economy improvement would happen too.

We also have Petro Canada 0w-30 and 0w-40 HDEO available up here
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

ON the uoa diesel section I just posted a uoa for Amsoil HDD 5w30 with 13.5k on the oil. The thread is 46k on Amsoil 5w30 oil. I have been keeping track on the thread for over 100k mi. now for anyone that cares to see, especially the O.P.

This oil is not a CJ-4 oil.. 07 and newer u have to run the CJ-4 oils. u can use the CJ-4 oils in older engines also but they really are not as good as the older oils did for them. just another one of the EPA regulations. If u have trouble and they get a oil sample u will be screwed.. The 5w-40 in syn oil is also good and tests show it increases mpg over 15w-40. Yes i would use the 5w-30 over it if it was a CJ-4 oil.

Its been in my 2002 Duramax/Alisson for 10 years now. I live in "Hotter Then [censored]" Texas. I have used all Amsoil products for 33+ years now. I have the AmsOil Bypass system on my truck and only change filters.Drainplug has not been removed in 70,000 miles using UOA's. I towed a 28'TT and a 35' FW for several years. I did notice on very hot days that the towing oil pressure at highway speeds was a tad bit lower by 5-7 PSI. Other then that the oil leaches copper from oil cooler which shows up in UOA. Other then that would not use anythng else.

Well after a few days of reading thru these post, I have one thing to say. THANKS guys for furthering my education in oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back