Amsoil filter for Mitsubishi Evo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help guys ??!!

Trying to determine the correct Amsoil EAO filter for the Mitsubishi Evo. Specifically an Evo 6 , but I think they are the same as the 7 , 8 & 9. I believe its the EAO21 , the Mitsubishi part number is MD322508 or MD356000. The Amsoil website is not very clear.
Also , when I have determined the correct type , I need 6 of them asap !! Can anyone help with express service ??!! Can pay by Paypal. Cheers

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI is the full designation.
The States did not get the Evo officially until the VIII , but I think the filters are the same.
By the way , I'm based in the UK.

Thanks for the reply.
Have never used a pattern or equivalent filter so dont have an alternative part number.
I too have come up with EAO13 , but also EAO21 !!
Do you know the difference between these 2 ?

EaO13,spin,3.402,2.685,20x1.5mm,2.475,2.173,0.233,8 to 11,Y
EaO21,spin,3.141,3.66,20x1.5mm,2.834,2.462,0.2,13 to 19,Y

It’s a bit scary because Amsoil also list EaO42 for 1999 in the USA (but not 1998):

EaO42,spin,3.950,3.66,3/4x16,2.834,2.44,,8,Y

Measure what you have!
cool.gif

If it will fit physically the EAO 21 is my choice for a Mitsu Outlander with MIVEC 2.4 I4 we use. NO RESTRICTION and capable of 20,000 miles of use with a good lubricant and clean internals. Pabs is a good man and will hook you up. The EAO 21 is a direct cross of the factory filter that there is no replacement for outside of Japan.

Nice car by the way, wish we got those Evo's in the states. I personally don't like the way the Evo is heading with the Evolution X Concept but I like the previous models. I'm glad we at least got the VIII and IX as those were nice
smile.gif

Last edited:
Thanx ! I think the 6 was the pinacle of Evo'ness !! Hardcore looks and handling. Here in the UK we think the 6 will become the cult Evo. Totally agree with you about the 10 , horrible !!!

OK, looking at purely dimensional criteria , the only EAO filter that will be suitable is the EAO12. On the Evo filter height is an issue due to ground clearance (I Know !!) , diameter an issue due to installation. So , rather than go for it and get 6 , I think I'll take 2 as trial samples initially. So , pablo , let me know the price for 2 with airmail please ??

Yeah , pretty sure its M20 x 1.5

BTW ,I have a reply to yr last PM but yr box is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back