amsoil - exagerated advertizing by a dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
INCREASED GAS MILEAGE GUARANTEED!! $11.25
Date: 2011-06-27, 9:36PM EDT
Reply to: {removed non sponsor email} [Errors when replying to ads?]
AMSOIL PERFORMANCE IMPROVER CONCENTRATE (API)

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

REFORMULATED for greater potency

PROVIDES Maximum Fuel Economy.
IMPROVES fuel mileage up to 5.7%

RESTORES power and performance

REDUCES emissions

REDUCES noise from carbon rap and pre-ignition

REDUCES the need for costly higher octane fuel

REMOVES Combustion Chamber Deposits, Intake Valve Deposits with Unsurpassed Total Deposit Clean-up

RESULTS in better vehicle drivability and smoother operation

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the standard by which marketing has set itself, I fail to see the exaggeration. Those claims are all made by Amsoil on their website, and their consistent to the types of claims made by competing products.

It actually says that on the bottle too, I saw it at my local fleet farm, and was just about to ask the same sort of question.. anyone use it? does it hold up to what the bottle says?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would I want to spend over 11 dollars to save a few cents? The only reason I would use this product is to clean out the fuel injectors once or twice a year. The 5% mileage increase is a plus.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
Why would I want to spend over 11 dollars to save a few cents? The only reason I would use this product is to clean out the fuel injectors once or twice a year. The 5% mileage increase is a plus.

That is how it is to be used.

Congrats, Jim

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
From what I've read, the best benefit is when you use a "maintenance dose" (listed on the bottle....) I believe someone posted here 1 oz. per 10 gallons or something......seems extremely similar to the "Startron" I picked up at WM.....figured I may give it a try in a couple months....after I try out the TCW-3 dosing of 1 oz. per 5 gallons in my tank.

Anything to put the lubricity back into this dry corn fuel....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back