Amsoil ASL- Switching Over From Dino - Safe OCI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada,North America,Western Hemisphere,Earth,Milk
03 Toyota 1MZFE, Northern Alberta, Napa Gold filters, 1,500 kilometers a month

Currently the car is using Formula Shell which has around 5000 kilometers on it. I will be using 4.7 liters of Amsoil ASL 5w30, not sure what the total engine capacity is. As there will still be remnants of the old oil, how long should I run the ASL before changing it again? Is it a good idea to do a UOA just yet or should I wait another interval?

Do a normal interval that you had in mind for the Amsoil, but wait 'till the next OCI before taking a sample for a UOA, as that will guarantee that you will have 95% or better of the Amsoil in there.

I usually recommend a 7500 to 10,000 mile interval or 6 months whichever comes first. Then on the next change extend it out to whatever you feel comfortable with.

Originally Posted By: byez
03 Toyota 1MZFE, Northern Alberta, Napa Gold filters, 1,500 kilometers a month

Currently the car is using Formula Shell which has around 5000 kilometers on it. I will be using 4.7 liters of Amsoil ASL 5w30, not sure what the total engine capacity is. As there will still be remnants of the old oil, how long should I run the ASL before changing it again? Is it a good idea to do a UOA just yet or should I wait another interval?

10K KM should be about right first time. UOA, your choice. I would wait until second go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back