Amsoil ASL 5w30 -- 3,000 miles -- 07 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE

I've recycled the oil from this sample into a 96 Honda Accord 2.2L

Will run that for an additional 3,000 miles and resample.

Originally Posted By: Artem
If only i could post a video of the abuse.

You need to get that done, and sooner than later please
smile.gif

^Your wish in my command.

This Video i did for the 8thcivic Forum where i showed the members that downshifting into any gear is possible while rev-matching. (they said it couldn't be done, esp into 1st gear, and that the tranny would grind)

Pardon the [censored] shifting. I was trying to take it slow so the camera wouldn't shake.

Here's the Si while getting Dyno tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not abuse, that's fun the way the Si was meant to have. Mashing it through the syncros is abuse. Matching revs equals minimal wear on the cones and is the way the car is supposed to be driven. Your car sounds similar to mine.

just a few vids showing what the car goes through per OCI.

If only I could videotape all the action that goes down on the street.

The point is that the car gets driven much harder then a regular civic would be driven. I think the oil did pretty good.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Nice sound & nice videos!!
thumbsup2.gif

...Stick with the Amsoil. Just Sayin'
grin.gif

I agree....and I agree
smile.gif

Thanks for posting the videos!

Thanks guys, I'll keep using Amsoil for the time being. It seems to be protecting the engine pretty well vs the M1 i tested earlier.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
son, you need to get a girlfriend.

Its a hobby of mine. I have a girlfriend.

Exercising the manliness will improve things even more with the GF!

Keep rev'ing!!
thumbsup2.gif

My, my, I want one of those little hotrods. What do all of you hotrod experts think about him trying Red Line 5W-30.

And what's the speed limit where you stretch its legs?

Nice car.

Johnny, the Si has a speed limiter @ 133mph. Thats basically right at the end of 5th gear, rendering 6th completely useless.

Now that the engine is modified and the speed limiter removed, i've taken it to the mid 140s plenty of times. I haven't tried to top it out with the limiter disabled. The OEM tires aren't rated for those speeds and i wasn't about to push them.

Now that i have Brand new Toyo T1R's that are rated to 169mph i can explore the upper end of 6th gear on the open road.

Mechanically and theoretically, it has enough gearing to reach 180mph.

Just an FYI, i topped out my Ap2 S2000 @ 157mph and that was redlining 6th gear @ 8,000rpm.

Got my Particle Count from Blackstone, so i'm reposting the Report to show the Particle count at the bottom.

Si-3000mileAmsoilUOA-2.jpg

Originally Posted By: Johnny
My, my, I want one of those little hotrods. What do all of you hotrod experts think about him trying Red Line 5W-30...
+1. I would like to see a lower % detergent pack in an engine driven hard constantly and the oil changed frequently. The iso 3 pc didnt look bad though. Wonder what the filter caught? Gotta wash down that and count that too. Either that or run a 1 mil sieve race filter for an Oci and leave the particulates in the sump to be sampled. (Sorry, That was bad advice for good data
smile.gif

Last edited:
Yea this is not the right application to be testing that.

I have recycled the oil and filter from this OCI into a 96 Accord 2.2L with 214k which i told the owner to run for an additional 3k at which point i will resample the oil and see what that looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back