AMS 10/30 ACD 00 RAV4 7726mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.0L 4 banger total engine mileage 181300
so it's still tossing lead but that's a given going to go the full 10K this time out as the TBN has been holding and its only using a QT in between.used an oversize P1 filter that I cut open and was very clean.
RAVoil41512.jpg

I'm sticking by what I've said all along - go thicker to see if it reduces bearing wear. Not that it REALLY matters - it's a 12-year only RAV4 with 180k miles!

I'd try the new 'OE' 15W-40 to see what it does, or XL 10W-40.

Originally Posted By: pair of Blazers
now there's a thought. might be worth 2-3 OCI's
I still have 10 or 11 Gallons of ACD on the shelf so that's going to last me a while.

I understand wanting to use up the ACD - maybe thicken it with the 15W-40, 10W-40, or even some 20W-50?

just looked at the price of the OE 15/40, not bad w/relation to the ACD. might get a couple of gallons as I need to get some octane boost and PI for the summer.
is it just me or did the PI just get more expensive?

That's an awful lot of calcium... Have you considered something that's a little bit lighter on the detergents?

If you're worried about lead, that is. Otherwise everything looks dandy.

Last edited:
you should see how clean the stick and the drain plug are w/that many miles on the clock.
remember this sees a lot of idle/slow traffic time. the only real up time it sees is going to and from the house to the city. that's once or twice a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back