Ammo shortage in Ontario... Your fault America!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can't get my hands on is. .22

I would literally sacrifice a goat for some. 22

When I was a kid you could by it for a penny a round....if I had only known I would have bought a few million rounds.

Instead we used to shoot 2-3 bricks a weekend. Those were the days.

12 gauge ammo has never been an issue. I guess they're sending all the shotgun shells down here and all the .22 up there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat

When I was a kid you could by it for a penny a round....if I had only known I would have bought a few million rounds.

that's the problem my dad id having as well (I'm not a gun person)really, he's looking for .22 "CB Shorts" he likes to shoot grackles off the bird feeder, from the open kitchen window. the the cb shorts make less noise)

he'd been out for a long time, so my sister's hubby got him a couple bricks for Christmas.(has a freind with a gun shop)

Similar story here. I can buy 12 ga all day long. And it's not particularly expensive either. We shot skeet a few weekends ago and bought a few 25 rd boxes for something like 8 bucks each? I forget; it's not expensive.

Indeed, it's the handgun rounds that are either hard to find or expensive. You can buy .45 auto all day long, but it's about a buck a round. Same with .40S&W. I did see some .32 auto the other day which is uncommon to see. .22LR is still very hit-and-miss, and 9mm is out there, but you sometimes have to get lucky on that, too.

But lots of 12 ga, lots of 20 ga, and lots of .410.

Accuracy plus has a good selection of sabots, remmington has a budget one that's fine for reasonable range, washing machine hunting $8/5 I think. I found they don't group very tight at all even at 50 yards, but the remmington accutips will make expensive small clover leafs if I do my part...
Sabots may seem expensive but I find I don't want to shoot even 10 at a time and that's with a 20g heavy barrel.

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat

We have lots of that. Saw plenty of those 555 Winchester boxes and CT has piles of those buckets of Remington .22LR shells which have 1400 rounds in them.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Accuracy plus has a good selection of sabots, remmington has a budget one that's fine for reasonable range, washing machine hunting $8/5 I think. I found they don't group very tight at all even at 50 yards, but the remmington accutips will make expensive small clover leafs if I do my part...
Sabots may seem expensive but I find I don't want to shoot even 10 at a time and that's with a 20g heavy barrel.

Will have to make a trip out then, there was nothing in that price range at CT or WM. They did have the Winchester rifled slugs, but those aren't for use in a rifled bore.

Quote:
We have lots of that. Saw plenty of those 555 Winchester boxes and CT has piles of those buckets of Remington .22LR shells which have 1400 rounds in them.

Ah, that's the problem, a mis-shipment.

They shipped our .22LR to Canada and all of Canada's non 22 ammo got shipped to the US. Makes sense now.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:

Ah, that's the problem, a mis-shipment.

They shipped our .22LR to Canada and all of Canada's non 22 ammo got shipped to the US. Makes sense now.
shocked2.gif

LOL!!!
grin.gif

Absolutely no shortage of shotgun ammo here in Utah. Any type is available in any quantity. Rifle ammo is also plentiful, including .223. There are occasional shortages certain handgun calibers, but only occasional.

But rimfire is another story. I have to really work to get .22. Very frustrating. If you can get .22 in Canada, I'll work out a swap with you. I can probably buy a truckload of 12 gauge, and get it to the border, if you can do the same with .22. Whadda ya say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back