Ammo shortage in Ontario... Your fault America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
grin.gif

Was up at CT yesterday with slammds15 buying some 12-gauge ammo and noticed that stock wasn't great. We went to WM (shudder) and then the other CT and the story was about the same.

We ended up buying a couple of boxes of #2, I was going to buy a few sabots but the price was lunacy, like $17.00 for 5x, so I held off.

We asked the lady why half the shelves were empty and if they were expecting more soon and she said no, that a lot of that has been on back-order for about a YEAR now, due to the shortages in the USA and it has been exasperated by Americans having their Canadian friends picking up ammo apparently, because initially we had more stock. Go figure
smirk.gif
LOL!

Is this true gentlemen? Are you buying all my ammo?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Stocking up for the Zombie Apocalypse.

I'm stocking up for the washing machine apocalypse. Had one looking at me wrong out in the woods last weekend so I unloaded a pile of #4 into it but its ceramic coated sides were surprising resistant to the pounding and took several shots to penetrate. I fear that he'll be back with friends this weekend and I have nothing to use with my rifled bore (haven't tested it out yet) to take care of them with
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
Is this true gentlemen? Are you buying all my ammo? grin

Eh?

According to the lady at CT, you guys are having your Canadian friends buy ammo up here and ship it down
smile.gif
I thought that was amusing. Not sure if it is really true or not.

It's Joe Biden's fault he told the nation the best home defense is a shotgun, so everyone went out and bought one = shortage

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Quote:

Eh?

According to the lady at CT, you guys are having your Canadian friends buy ammo up here and ship it down
smile.gif

Ahhh, so that's why UPS is so back logged.

Originally Posted By: dernp
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Quote:

Eh?

smile.gif

Ahhh, so that's why UPS is so back logged.

We've solved the mystery!
grin.gif

No shotgun ammo shortage here.. The closest field and stream store is jam packed with 12 gauge ammo.. Which is good for me. I dare you to try and find .22s around here though..

Last edited:
You know Americans are planning for the end of the world..I mean you Canadians had to see that coming. If not is your fault for lack of foresight ha ha.

Jeff

There was recently a good article about the ammo shortage in the latest American Rifleman. It really got down to the nuts and bolts of ammo manufacture which is more complicated than I imagined. It refuted all of the claims that the government was buying it all up. Basically, individuals have been hoarding. However, there has always seemed to be plenty of 12 gauge ammo around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back