American made shovels and garden rake

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past weekend, I purchased 2 new shovels and a garden rake at Home Depot. The RIGID brand products were the most expensive, and appeared to be the most sturdy of all the choices HD had for sale. Upon closer inspection, all 3 RIGID tools that I ended up getting are assembled in the USA (using foreign and USA made parts). I was happy just to find something that wasn't made in China. They weren't cheap, though; for the 2 shovels and 1 rake, it was $72. FWIW, all 3 have a lifetime warranty. Don't think I'll be needing the warranty, since these things are built like tanks.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
This past weekend, I purchased 2 new shovels and a garden rake at Home Depot.

What are you burying?

Originally Posted By: moribundman

What are you burying?
More like who?
45.gif

Quote:
using foreign and USA made parts)

Hmm, my guess would be Chinese Steel. There was story on the news tonight how the Chinese government keeps their steel prices low.

I could have used the shovel to bury my Daughters cat in my Parents yard yesterday..........
frown.gif

I had to put it down....she was crying like there is no tomorrow.
She is 24 yrs old and goes to school in Oregon so she was sad she could not say goodbye.
I curled it up and put it in a box that was from boots I had bought a few months back. It used to like to curl up and sleep in small boxes so I thought it was appropriate.

What are you burying?

The pointed shovel was used for planting some new rose plants, that my in-laws got me for my birthday. The flat shovel is for clearing an area of old mulch, so I can re-plant grass. The rake, well...I just needed a garden rake.

I have a Grizzly shovel, made in Canada, lifetime warranty, its a hole digging shovel as it must have 5 pounds of metal in the forged blade... It wasn't cheap but I doubt I will ever wear this one out. I have lighter one for moving sand or gravel.
Ian

It's nice to know it was "assembled" in USA, but I'm sure the parts were "Made in China".

I buy these items at Big Lots or Cummins. I typically use them once/yr, and haven't broken one yet.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
It's nice to know it was "assembled" in USA, but I'm sure the parts were "Made in China"...

I'm sure you are correct. As I said, the label stated "Assembled in the USA using foreign and USA made parts". I was just surprised the whole thing wasn't made in China, like every other shovel and rake HD had for sale.

What are you burying?

The pointed shovel was used for planting some new rose plants, that my in-laws got me for my birthday. The flat shovel is for clearing an area of old mulch, so I can re-plant grass. The rake, well...I just needed a garden rake.

Why don't you call a spade a spade?
wink.gif

Wayne,

For future reference, there is a small local owned shop close to 5 Points (across from the Chevron) on Pratt. It is Tri something or other. They have some shovels that are 100% made in USA using our goods. That is where I bought my shovel.

By all means but American. The local illegal alien landscape contractors prefer 'Made in USA'. As a small child (MANY years ago) there was a city in Japan by the name of 'USA'. Oh well, I am so far out of it I am back in again. John--Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back