Aluminum Ford in Edmunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great that some have a good track record with Mopars.

But the facts are that the places that track long term dependability put Chrysler's stuff at the bottom of the barrel. Been that way for a very, very long time.

But I guess they all must be liars then?

You don't go bankrupt twice by building great vehicles!

Last edited:
It amazes me how much hate there is for aluminum. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

My wife's car is mostly aluminum, my car has some aluminum panels. I would pay a premium for an aluminum vehicle.

Chrysler's incredibly poor cars somehow elevated their sales by 14%.

Gosh, that sure seems like an awful lot of folks seem to disagree with our resident Chrysler critic, eh?

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
It amazes me how much hate there is for aluminum. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

My wife's car is mostly aluminum, my car has some aluminum panels. I would pay a premium for an aluminum vehicle.

I love the aluminum. I despise the price of the new trucks. You can, in fact, spend $70,000 for a new F150. Which, by the way, is not, in the real world, more capable than the truck it replaces.

That's incredibly expensive. Even for those who earn a lot. That's on par with inexpensive single family homes. Wow.

I paid $17000 for my Silverado with 9k miles on it. And it can do everything a $70000 truck can and it has real Steel.

And my house was under $70000.

Originally Posted By: Cujet

I love the aluminum. I despise the price of the new trucks. You can, in fact, spend $70,000 for a new F150. Which, by the way, is not, in the real world, more capable than the truck it replaces.

That's incredibly expensive. Even for those who earn a lot. That's on par with inexpensive single family homes. Wow.

Exactly why I own the Ram in my driveway. There is no contesting the new F150 is a great design. But the premium in my case was about 15k and that could not be justified IMO.

And no matter what the fans say the facts are it will be more expensive to repair that body...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Chrysler's incredibly poor cars somehow elevated their sales by 14%.

Gosh, that sure seems like an awful lot of folks seem to disagree with our resident Chrysler critic, eh?

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/03/january-2015-auto-sales-by-the-numbers/

GM - up 18.25%
Ford - up 15.6%
FCA - up 14.01%

Everyone was up in January - Auto sales are starting to rebound.

As you always point out, Chrysler competes because their stuff is CHEAP! Not because it's good or better. If it were, loyalty would not be lowest in the industry. It's not because they build a better car - if it were, the long term dependability as a whole would not be bottom of the barrel for their vehicles.

As we've seen in the past with Chrysler, it goes up as they lure suckers in and then they crash hard once the low price is long forgotten and the POS starts nickel and dime-ing you like Chrysler products love to do. Maybe not to you but on the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back