Alternative to Ford Premium Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zerex G-05 is the same thing.
I got mine at Carquest.......
Some have found it at Napa....
Carquest & Napa will be dependant upon the individual store.
DO NOT let them sell you ANYTHING else.......if you want G-05
If it does not say that it is G-05 on the bottle......it is NOT.

If you were to decide to use something else.....then that is another subject.
I had several places (Napa included) that tried to sell me something else....claiming that it IS G-05......which I knew (from lots of research ahead of time) that it was not.

G-05 is a great product......but you might have to hunt around.
It is possible that you will have a dealership in your area that will have as good of a price on it as the auto part stores.
G-05 is not cheap.....I want to say that I paid $12 for a gallon a couple years ago.......that is the full strength, not "pre-mix".

Your local Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealership should be able to get what you need as well, though it may be dyed a different color.

I get my G-05 at Napa - as stated, it will be up to the individual Napa store as to whether they carry it or not. Some don't around here, and those are stores i don't shop at.

The only two places to get it around me are at the Chrysler dealership ($19/gal) or through one NAPA store.

And you have to call ahead and find out when their truck makes a delivery, because they always sell out of it in about 48 hours!

It's $12/gal there.

The antifreeze sold at Mercedes dealers is nearly identical to G-05, if that's the only convenient outlet for you. Otherwise, check around for Zerex G-05 at the auto supply houses.

Originally Posted By: drewjp
Originally Posted By: hardcore302
do they make a 50/50 mix?

Nope.

YES they do. The Napa I work at just recently started selling it.

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Zerex G-05

CarQuest stores (at least in my area) regularly stock Zerex G-05. Napas are hit-and-miss, but they can order it. Pep Boys used to carry it, but then they sold their soul to Prestone and don't carry any other brands anymore. (grumble)

Or put on a disguise, go to a Mopar dealer, and get Mopar G-05. Its dyed red, but its also chemically identical to Zerex G-05 and Ford Premium Gold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back