All-New 2017 Hyundai Elantra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay
With all its driving dynamics issues...Hyundai/KIA just keeps chugging along.

McDonald's has a huge market share, that doesn't mean it's good.

Hyundai/Kia is a South Korean company. If a choice exists, and there are plenty with autos, I won't buy a South Korean product. How they treat dogs, prior to eating them, is atrocious. And they aren't doing anything about the problem, even with the 2020 Olympics approaching and the world soon to be watching.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The best thing about Hyundai/KIA is they are NOT Japanese.
grin2.gif

I'd say the best thing is , they are not union built. That was one of the factors in my decision, that and my elantra is not GDI.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
grin2.gif

I'd say the best thing is , they are not union built. That was one of the factors in my decision, that and my elantra is not GDI.

Actually if you buy a Kia or Hyundai built in Korea, they ARE built by Union workers.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
With all its driving dynamics issues...Hyundai/KIA just keeps chugging along.

McDonald's has a huge market share, that doesn't mean it's good.

Exactly, they still trade heavily on their supposedly great power train and B2B warranty, but wait until you need to actually use it. They will do everything they can to get out of honoring it in many cases, there are many cases of this posted all over the internet car forums.

Really, $8 to $10k off, incredible rate chopping? Wow, they must be going out of business LOL. But i have yet to find one of those, $12k NEW Sonatas....hmmmm, i must not be looking hard enough.

You're not looking hard enough, and it isn't usually in print as Hyundai and Kia are concerned about devaluing their cars. If you go in to make a deal you can just about name your price on Optima and Sonata not to mention Elantra and Forte.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
grin2.gif

Actually if you buy a Kia or Hyundai built in Korea, they ARE built by Union workers.

Mine was assembled in the usa. But the Unions in Korea, are their problem.

Last edited:

But likely that some components were built in Korea by union labor, like that engine, or transmission. Like it or not unions are here to stay.

But likely that some components were built in Korea by union labor, like that engine, or transmission. Like it or not unions are here to stay.

Unions in other countries don't bother me.

Unions in other countries don't bother me.

Honestly don't you think that is hypocritical?

No I don't care for the tone and thuggery and operations of unions in this country. I don't care for the money they take from their workers in closed shops, and how they use that politically. Thats not freedom.

What is the difference in my elantra built in alabama by non union american workers assembled with parts from Korea. From the cars assembled in the usa by workers with parts from mexico china and canada?

Last edited:
No need to speculate...just have a look at the bigger sister, the Hyundai I40 2015 and you'll get a pretty good idea of how the next generation Elantra will look:

294rt5y.jpg

But the real question is....how does it drive?
Still [censored] handling, riding and steering car? We'll see
all previous Hyundai and KIA of this model were not good.

But the real question is....how does it drive?
Still [censored] handling, riding and steering car? We'll see
all previous Hyundai and KIA of this model were not good.

Hyundai is surely aware that other models in class have superior ride and handling.
This would not be all that hard to fix, so maybe Hyundai has done so?
I'm sure that they have a few Accords, Camrys and Passats on hand for comparison, since every maker buys competitors cars for that purpose.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
It does look like the Dodge Dart.

That's what it looks like to me.

I have to say, it does look like a Dodge Dart. I think the front foglights should be smaller. The side profile of the car looks good though.

Service from my 13 elantra has been good. Really only one issue, an o2 sensor that took out the catalytic converter.
Both replace under warranty, with appointments and no problems or hassles of any kind.
The only thing i don't like about the car is that there is no trans dipstick and no good way to change the transfluid. And the center radio screen is too bright at night, you have to turn the screen off to drive.

I have to say, it does look like a Dodge Dart. I think the front foglights should be smaller. The side profile of the car looks good though.

Service from my 13 elantra has been good. Really only one issue, an o2 sensor that took out the catalytic converter.
Both replace under warranty, with appointments and no problems or hassles of any kind.
The only thing i don't like about the car is that there is no trans dipstick and no good way to change the transfluid. And the center radio screen is too bright at night, you have to turn the screen off to drive.

You can't dim the radio light? Both my Hyundai's have the dimming switch to the left of the steering wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back