AC Vacuum Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
3cfm is a plenty for auto a/c work. We use 6 & 7cfm for res. and light commercial a/c work up to about 25 tons.

The 2.5 CFM Vacuum Pump. I figured it was large enough for automotive A/C. I have not used it yet though. I am going to hopefully try it out this weekend.

I have had the 2.5 CFM for about a year but have only used it three times so far. It works fine IMO.

I did dump the included generic oil after the first use just to be safe and used fresh Robinair oil each other time after that.

I just bought the 3CFM because it was on sale, plus I had a 20% off coupon. The 3CFM is a dual stage unit rated down to something like 25 micron vacuum. The 2.5CFM is a single stage and it says 75 micron vacuum.

I'm trying to figure out a good oil to use in this, the manual for the 3CFM says HFV-46 low viscosity vacuum pump oil. It looks to be a vaccum pump oil from China (which is probably where these pumps are made anyway). I'm thinking that's an ISO 46 viscosity.

I have the 2.5cfm pump and it works great in auto use. If I had the extra money at the time though I would have got the larger dual stage pump that goes into deep vacuum. I evacuated and refilled both my Land Rover Discovery and Toyota Corolla. The HF AC manifold gauges and halogen sniffer are great for the money too.

Sounds good. I have a beat up old Subaru wagon that someone had a front end hit and bent and ruptured the condenser. I have a used condenser to put in, so then I can evacuate it and refill. I got the gauge set too last year but haven't used it yet. I got a new dryer too.

I have another wagon that has a slow a/c leak (I think around one of the condenser lines because I see a small amount of oil around it), so I got new o-rings. Then I can replace the dryer and evacuate and refill.

i bought the 2 stage rated to 25 microns only $50 more I think for the money good buy.my pulls 29.9 hg. Other than car and a/c Its better than a foodsaver get mason jar adapter can foods marinates in 20 min what takes 24 hrs.Or entertain your kids science project boil water at room temp. put a marshmallow in see what happens.Vacuum pumps are sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back