A/T Truck Tires at decent price - Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firestone Destination A/T
The Cooper private line made for Discount Tire/America's Tire...Discoverer ATP

Whatever you pick, get on line prices and use that pricing plus shipping to negotiate a good price where you choose to buy. Tell the tire shop guy what tire you want and ask, "What is the lowest price you can sell these to me?"

Look at the LT245/75-16 size. Same capacity as your original tires, not quite as skinny, very widely available so good pricing.

bridgestone revo2 was just on sale, maybe still is. my size normally 180, recently 127. I had a set on my last jeep and loved them. made the 2wd a lot more capable in rocky clay.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Here you go!

When brand new tires (in the size that the buyer prefers) can be purchased for just a few dollars more?

http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/90000007546.html

I looked up 235/85, the OE size. The 245/75's are actually $9 LESS.

And after using Treadwrights on three different vehicles (and my wife used them on two), I will NEVER run anything else!

Also note: they're from South Dakota instead of China.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Here you go!

When brand new tires (in the size that the buyer prefers) can be purchased for just a few dollars more?

http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/90000007546.html

I looked up 235/85, the OE size. The 245/75's are actually $9 LESS.

And after using Treadwrights on three different vehicles (and my wife used them on two), I will NEVER run anything else!

Also note: they're from South Dakota instead of China.

I'm bummed they stopped making a mud tire in 215/85. My next set of mud tires probably won't be from them
frown.gif

I don't want to drop the money and regear the Jeep so I can go to a 235/85-16.

Thanks all for the links & info. The Treadwright tires look interesting. I could get an aggressive A/T or M/T tread (what this truck really needs for what I use it for) that's E rated for the cost of the least expensive new highway tire I can find.

Shipping is a real deal killer though, they want $25 a tire to ship.

Anyone have first hand experience with TW's tires? The used (re-tread) factor doesn't bother me, it's a 30 year old truck after all. All our winter/snow tires when I was a kid were re-treads, never had a problem with them.

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Thanks all for the links & info. The Treadwright tires look interesting. I could get an aggressive A/T or M/T tread (what this truck really needs for what I use it for) that's E rated for the cost of the least expensive new highway tire I can find.

Shipping is a real deal killer though, they want $25 a tire to ship.

Anyone have first hand experience with TW's tires? The used (re-tread) factor doesn't bother me, it's a 30 year old truck after all. All our winter/snow tires when I was a kid were re-treads, never had a problem with them.

Been running them on my Cherokee.

Once I got the Jeep aligned properly, they wear like iron. EXCELLENT off road ( I have the mud tires). Ice performance is typical of a mud tire - not that great.

I have had them a few years and they have held up well. I deflate off road to 8PSI (something you are not supposed to do with a retread) and have not had a problem.

There are VERY FEW complaints about them.

Yes: I have run four sets on F-350's. I will never use anything else! Their Kedge Grip tires are superb in snow and ice. I got 40-45K to a set, but my use was pretty much worst-case: running right at the limits of both axle ratings loaded with plow & sand spreader in a long-wheelbase pickup. (Snowplowing and the constant tight maneuvering is brutal on tires.)

It less-abusive use, Liz got ~55K on a set on her Blazer. (Though that size has been dropped due to a lack of available casings to cap.)

Also, if you care, many of the caps are on BFG casings, with the heavy ("Tri-Guard") sidewall & rim-protector rib.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back