A Hydraulic fluid that can meet or exceed Tellus T

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is NO industry classification for hydraulic oil. Each manufacturer establishes a minimum requirement for oils to be used in their equipment.

With that being said there are wide variences in available hydraulic fluid. While I personally don't have any experience with Tellus, I've never heard anything bad about it. In the dozen or so different hydraulic apps I have every one use the Deere HyGard/HyGard low vis. Its readily available for me and from what I understand is one of the best fluids available, exceeding their own spec of JDM J20C/J20D.

It looks like Shell has redone their formula's for this product using hvi base stocks and strong VI improvers.
Looks like a good fluid. One could argue that there are better ones.
What is your application?

A customer of mine says he will only buy hydaulic oil from me if I can prove to him on paper ( the specs) that there is a product that meets or exceeds the specs of shell's Tellus T 46. I have found one that is made by pinnacle and it has a longer test life and the viscosity range, I hope this is good enough for him. The application? I guess you mean what is he using it ? He said they are running denison pumps. Any other info or input you have will be greatly appreciated as it could mean the difference of him buying from me tomorrow when I go to present him with what i've found so far. Im kinda new to oil and the business in general.

thanks for your help so far

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back