a Boeing 377 Stratocruiser cross a taxiway bridge at J.F.K Airport , 1951

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
J.F.K Airport
John F. Kennedy International Airport was originally called Idlewild Airport (IATA: IDL, ICAO: KIDL, FAA LID: IDL) after the Idlewild Beach Golf Course
Ill. Motorists stopping their vehicles as they watch a Boeing 377 Stratocruiser cross a taxiway bridge at J.F.K Airport
333876893_196906869689319_4204011784111477478_n.jpg

Contrast that to your other post about the 787 being taken out of service with 6 years of flying time. Take a B29, modify it and market it to a civilian use. You can tell which generation was raised during the Depression.

They ate better food, walked a lot more and were not in front of screens all day.
That is all true. There is more to it though. Today's foods are full of hormones, drugs, and man-made compounds used during manufacturing. When I travel to remote Africa, and other remote, non Western locations, despite eating everything in sight, and stuffing myself to the breaking point, I lose about 5 pounds on the trip.

agreed our food supply & lack of activity is what's feeding the big pharma money machine
time to wake up and check out of this madness
when I grew up in Brooklyn NY we had no school buses, I walked to elementary school and took the city bus to JHS because it was too far to walk.
when I moved to the suburbs again too close for a bus so I walked to school
When we lived in Brooklyn we never had a car. Walked everywhere and took mass transit.

That is still a normal (taxi) move at JFK today, the Van Wyck expressway filters into the airport access road.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
There are 2-3' high guardrails on the sides of the bridge plus the angle of the camera cover up the landing gear. If the wheels were up, how could it have gotten there?

The Strat had four 28 cylinder engines, air cooled. Each engine had four rows of 7 cylinders, offset so that all could get some cooling air.

They ate better food, walked a lot more and were not in front of screens all day.
Yet the life expectancy was lower, and many things like hearing aids, add meds and other things simply didn't exist. Yes a show recently showed Heinz ketchup The UK VS USA and the UK had 8-10 ingredients vs the USA having 20 or so

That is all true. There is more to it though. Today's foods are full of hormones, drugs, and man-made compounds used during manufacturing. When I travel to remote Africa, and other remote, non Western locations, despite eating everything in sight, and stuffing myself to the breaking point, I lose about 5 pounds on the trip.
Yeah, as opposed to the good ol' 50's where they literally dumped toxic chemicals into peoples backyards and you also ate of lot of that in the food....

Any conversation at a mill or factory circa 1954:

"Hey Bill, what do we do with all this dioxin?

Gee Ed, lets just auger a hole in the ground out back and dump it in!"

1950 people, thin and well dressed.
Yes they are. Looks like a Sunday to me.

Here’s a photo of me one of the following years, 1956 maybe ?

Thin, but not too well dressed. My folks didn’t believe in wasting hard earned money on foolishness like children’s clothes.

PS my dad and uncles built the garage apartment in the background in about 1950. It’s still standing and occupied.

Z

250766C1-BC7F-421A-88E1-8390FD8277E2.jpeg

Back