99 MaximaSE 211K Rotella T6 5W/40

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the results are getting better with the Lead. I wonder if this has more to do with the frequency of oil changes which I think is flushing out the Lead as the reason the Lead content is declining. I do have slight seepage in gaskets.

I also noticed with the T6, my acceleration was a little sluggish. Perhaps due to thicker viscosity?

Anyone see anything glaring?

Ken%2099%20Max%20Oil%20III.jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Improvement is a good thing! Thanks for sharing this with us. What wgt. oil is this vehicle originally spec'd to use?

I think it is 5W30. I switched back to Valvoline 5W30 Full Synthetic MaxLife. Excellent acceleration now.

Weird that the big V6 is so sensitive to oil viscosity. Stick with the 5w30. You should be getting better gas mileage as well, which should end up saving you a LOT of money on gas over the course of the next 3-5k miles.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Weird that the big V6 is so sensitive to oil viscosity. Stick with the 5w30. You should be getting better gas mileage as well, which should end up saving you a LOT of money on gas over the course of the next 3-5k miles.

Oh yea...Gas mileage was terrible. One would think I had a whole in my gas tank. Not sure if I am interpreting this correctly, but, I knew when the viscosity started to breakdown when the acceleration improved after about 2,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back