99 BMW M3-MOC oil fuel additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted in regular oil forum on a different topic on the same sled. Buddy just got it with 50K and had an oil service done at dealer-$265. The invoice said something about a MOC fuel additive for $20 in parts. Also a MOC oil additive. ANYONE KNOW WHAT THSE ARE??? Would techron/fuel power/neutra be just as good in gas? in oil, would maintenance dose of auto-rx/lube control be just as good. I understand these cars are high revvers and burn some oil. Oil analysis on car with factory fill DINO at 8000+ miles to be on shortly.

I just replied to your other thread but I'll give you my $.02 here as well
wink.gif
. I would definitely run auto-rx, do it now with dino still in and then switch to some nice synthetic. Some of these engines are known to burn some oil but it's not the rule.

As far as gas treatment you can run any quality treatment if necessary but to be honest with you just sticking with quality 93 premium gas should be enough to guarantee this baby running smooth.

I agree with F1. I'll just note that it's also pretty common for new car dealers to pad their bottom line with services that aren't in the maintenance schedule as well as questionable fuel/oil/coolant additives. I'd be inclined to add a bottle of Techron, BG44K, or Redline SI-1 right before the next oil change. From that point on I'd probably just use the product no more than once a year, tops. As F1 noted, high quality fuel of the proper octane will be the best insurance against fuel system deposits and other related problems. One other thing- tell your friend he needs to change the coolant every three years using distilled water and BMW Coolant only. The brake fluid needs to be flushed every two years using a DOT 4 fluid. ATE Super Blue is a very good choice. BMWs need to be mintained by the book using quality lubricants as well as OEM parts. Cut corners and you'll have no end of problems.
cool.gif

MCompact, great advice! Two more areas that I would also mention that need some attention is gearbox and differential.

Gearbox oil should be changed every 30K miles and I would recommend Red Line synthetic oil. Red Line advises that BMW manual gearboxes have either a green label, a red label or no label from the factory. For green label cars, Red Line recommends their MT90 manual transmission lubricant. Red label cars get D4ATF. No label cars get Red Line MTL.

Differential oil should also be changed every 30K miles and again I recommend Red Line 75W-90 synthetic gear oil.

This is enhanced maintenance but it will help to keep that car problem free for a long time.

i see the MOC fuel and oil additives all the time at my work, we service BMW along with more car brands.... It seems a little hokey to me, MOC makes a LOT of stuff, car wash stuff, detail stuff

but what is it??????? i have never seen it on a store shelf in a fuel or oil additive. anyone familiar with these products? any special reason why a BMW dealer uses it and charges $19 for the fuel treatment. how good is this stuff? pure ripoff, i would guess?

well... color, smell, consistency it is almost the SAME as lucas fuel treatment...the oil treatment seems like junk in the little cheesy bottle, they are laying all around the shop

With BMW it all has to do with how well you know them, and how much they like you.

I usually get those products for free. My stealership uses Bardhal (sp) what is the general opinion on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back