93 tempo 2.3 is running sluggish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had done a small tune up on this car, replaced the plugs wires, dist.cap and rotor button, and changed the oil. I did screw up the firing order of the wires to the distibutor but I figured it out and it started fine. When driving the car it is now very sluggish. It doesnt stall but it has no power and the car jerks when stepping on the gas. Did I mess something up by starting the car with the wrong firing sequence. It took me about 3 tries before I figured the firing sequence out. The car was running better with the old parts than the new.
The car is a beater but needs to run for the winter.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like an ignition problem.

I had the same thing happen, accidently gapped one of the plugs to 0" - that is no gap, and it was missing. Does it idle OK?

sbc350- yes it is firing correctly. the #1 plug is at the 5 o'clock and the #3 is at the 8 o'clock and the #4 is at the 11 o'clock and the #2 is at the 2 o'clock. 1-3-4-2

pacem- I checked the plug gap on every plug and they are set to .054 like the specs require. it idles fine but when reving the car up it sounds like a the muffler is bad but my past experiences show that the fuel line or fuel system may be clogged up.

I'll take it too my car fixerupper next week and see where I screwed up.
banghead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back