$795 for Garage Door repair.

UPDATE:
Had Precision Door Services out to do a follow up on the recent repair. About ten days ago I started to notice it landing hard.
Also about 50% of the time, one side would hit noticeably before the other side. They came out today and balanced the tension side to side and adjusted the tension on the new cables, which probably was the initial stretch of the cables. All works well now.

Best part it was Free. Even the two handshakes.

I wonder how much they used for $180? I'm not in the garage door business but we use 7x19 galvanized aircraft cable where I work. Purchased some 3/16" this summer for about $0.30 per foot.
Most of that price is the labor to install the cables. Both sides were done for the $180

My garage door is suspended in the rear by 2x4s sticking through the ceiling attached to the ceiling joist. Has the long side springs. The spring on one side broke and snapped that 2x4 in half!

Originally it was a solid wood door, I replaced with a light aluminum one. When the spring broke I got two new ones the same as what was there. But they were for a lot heavier door. Over about 10 years these stronger springs ended up jacking the attachment and other points of the roller rail out of alignment, pulling screws.

Went to Youtube to get educated and found out about the door should be stable half way up supported by the springs. And added the safety cable to both springs too.

Back