62TE Dorman Pan with drain plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would post some real life pics of the 62TE transmission pan by Dorman that has the drain plug.

It's a heavy weight pan and seems built well. Nice flawless powder coating on it as well.

I'm going to put this on my Caravan at the first change.

Purchased from RockAuto.

Because this pan mounts at an angle the drain plug is in the right spot for maximum fluid drainage.

20190309_121730.jpg

20190309_121736.jpg

20190309_121745.jpg

20190309_121751.jpg

Last edited:
Let us know how it works, I returned my Dorman pan because the drain plug was a leaker which I couldn't resolve..

Last edited:
Nice! Using gasket or rtv? What atf are you refilling with? I bought a bunch of super tech atf +4 for $6/qt. How many km before you're doing pan drop? Finally what torque will you be using for the pan bolts?

Originally Posted by Lubener
Let us know how it works, I returned my Dorman pan because the drain plug was a leaker which I couldn't resolve..

Was it for this trans? Not even thread sealant helped?

Originally Posted by pda1122
Nice! Using gasket or rtv? What atf are you refilling with? I bought a bunch of super tech atf +4 for $6/qt. How many km before you're doing pan drop? Finally what torque will you be using for the pan bolts?

No I got Felpro gaskets on sale so I bought a few of them, prefer this over the RTV. Never failed me in the past. I have some Redline C+ to try to see how it compares to Mopar ATF+4 and the Amsoil ATF I have used in the past in ATF+4 applications.

Originally Posted by Lubener

I'll know at soon I get it on there and filled. If it leaks I can put the old one back on because I intend to use a gasket not RTV. That said I have used Dorman pans in the past with drain plugs no issue.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Nice. Don't ever let a quick change tech get close to it!
laugh.gif

I wouldn't forgive myself having my fluids changed elsewhere unless physically unable to.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Hysilver
Is it painted on the inside?

Yes. Powder coated black like the outside. Factory pans are as well as I have had my dad's 2012 off before.

Last edited:
Looks good,
but do I see a dent or a dimple that needs to be there for some reason?
It's a shame OE pans and others don't come with drain plugs (rear ends ect..).

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by emmett442
The dimple is there to locate the ring-shaped pan magnet.

Okay I see,
Thanks!
If it were me I'd just use a drain plug magnet.

I bought one for the Goat, no leaks. I removed, cleaned and re-torqued the drain plug before installing the pan, as I've seen recommended.

Oddly, the differential on this car has a drain plug, but the trans didn't.

I was quite surprised at the weight of the pan. It's quite heavy compared to the OE pan. Looking forward to putting it on in the spring when I do the first change / filter change to get all the break-in wear out of there.

GM 3800 Gen II had a terrible issue with rusting oil pans in the salt belt, NOS was the same crappy pan so I used a Dorman (PTA job too) after 5 years it was still rust free, no problems with fit and finish. Nothing bad to say about them.

Originally Posted by Trav
GM 3800 Gen II had a terrible issue with rusting oil pans in the salt belt, NOS was the same crappy pan so I used a Dorman (PTA job too) after 5 years it was still rust free, no problems with fit and finish. Nothing bad to say about them.

Yeah most of the Dorman stuff I wouldn't give you $2 for sort of thing, but they do get it right with certain things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back